Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've got another seven weeks to wait before I get my new RX300 SE and the first week has been bad enough.

A friend of mine has had 4x4's for many years and he's suggested that I get running boards fitted. His reasons are; car parks, reduces the chances getting hit by someone elses door: helps the kiddies to get in and out.

So my question is; does Lexus have running boards as an option and does anyone have any experience of these? What I'm interest in is whether running boards affect the car in someway (ie noise, fuel consumption etc)

I've never seen an RX with them fitted - wouldn't have thought they went with the image! Most 4X4's have a chassis to fit them to but the RX doesn't.

Had them on my Range Rover and they were brilliant for fending off bumps and for getting in and out but the Lexus is nothing like as high.

My RX hardly ever goes in a car park as we ususally take the w B) ife's Hyundai for such trips. B)

Thanks JonhRX300 and GlynB,

I think your both right, running boards wouldn't look right on the RX300, that's assuming that you could get some in the first place. So you've convinced me to stay with the nice clean lines of the RX300.

Fabben

Came back to car in the car park and found that another RX300 identical to mine was parked next to it.

However, it was fitted with running boards.

They were essentially large chromed tubes running each side of the car, with recesses that formed a step by each entry door.

Looked kinda groovy at first glance, but wasn't sure if they suited the vehicle.

I think they were inscribed with the name Cobra??

I also saw the same style runners fitted to an M Class Merc which went past me earlier today.

They appeared to be fixed to the RX under the floor pan by large brackets.

I think that proper boards would be the way to go having seen the 'tubes'.

Came back to car in the car park and found that another RX300 identical to mine was parked next to it.

However, it was fitted with running boards.

They were essentially large chromed tubes running each side of the car, with recesses that formed a step by each entry door.

Looked kinda groovy at first glance, but wasn't sure if they suited the vehicle.

I think they were inscribed with the name Cobra??

I also saw the same style runners fitted to an M Class Merc which went past me earlier today.

They appeared to be fixed to the RX under the floor pan by large brackets.

I think that proper boards would be the way to go having seen the 'tubes'.

Hi RxMike

I found them on the Lexus U.S. web site.

http://www.lexus.com/models/accessories/rx_tube_steps.html

Fabben

hi all - you can get the bars and a-bars from 4x4x4.com

http://www.4x4x4.com/accessories/lexus_acc...ies_frbars1.htm

I wanted them on my RX300 2004, but i bought the car on the first day it came out - may 15th last year i think. The bars didn't become available until early this year, by which time i'd gone to a is200 sport.

I will be putting them on my Hybrid when it arrives in March though! Make it look a bit more of a man's 4x4! :winky: