Sign in to follow this  
Tim750R

Sadly

Hi guys

Sadly I've decided the Sport has to go - I really need a 4X4 and don't think putting a towbar on the GS is the right thing to do. I can just see it now dragging its backside down the road as the noseweight on the trailer is over 100Kg!

So can I ask you all for the benefit of your knowledge and experience on this particular Lexus model please?

I've posted it in the 'used showroom'...

GS300 MK1 for sale

Please take a look and let me know what you think, and whether the price is about right.

I thought I would offer it on here before 'throwing it to the wolves' on Autotrader :ohmy:

Hi all

I've just lowered the price to £5750. Does anyone think this is a bit more realistic?

Thanks

Probably a little more realistic Tim.

I bought a GS300 Sport a couple of months ago and really rate them, anyone slightly deterred by the mileage - don't be, these GS's run and run and run....!

Thanks Claire

I think most vehicles will go on and on despite a high mileage if they are regularly maintained. It seems to be age and climate which finally destroys a car through rust etc...

I had a Rover 827 Vitesse that did over 235,000 miles before it was finally retired with a gearbox fault - and it was starting to rot, but then it was a rover and they were well known for it :P

Hi all

Price now reduced to around £5250 for LOC members until I change it on Autotrader at the weekend.

Come on, a very late (R reg) MK1 Sport for a shade over 5K with 10" rears and privacy glass - must be a bargain for someone!

Hiya mate

This is an outrage i think your car is worth it all day and night... That machine for under 5k... What does 5k buy u these days...

Keep us informed how u get on... I would have bought it no bother but i got my dream gs300 however i looked at 2 in silver first they were just not up to standard... This looks like a rocking example... Hold out someone will bite soon enough... Have u had much interest from joe public????

Take Care

Thanks for the vote of confidence, deedee :)

I've had a good few calls from people offering silly money - chancers I guess, and then one guy who was going to buy it then decided to save some money and buy a straight GS rather than a Sport.

heheehe you will always get the characters... I can sort of c his point in getting the stranard gs but the difference is black and white when u pull up somewhere in your ultra rare gs 300 sport looking the biz... The standard gs looks like it costs "cheap".... Lesson number one you get what u pay for...

Thanks

Well, she's sold now - to a very nice man who came all the way down from Blackpool in the evening. Of course I recommended the club to him, so hopefully we have a new member on the way, and a very satisfied new GS300 Sport owner :D