Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Washer Nozzles

Does any IS come with heated washer nozzles that can be retro fitted? I'm sick of my nozzles freezing, even when using sh*tloads of de-icer screenwash.

Any other solutions to this problem?

One idea is to lengthen the pipe to the nozzles and wrap it around the rad top hose, but that's a bit lo-tech for my liking ;)

well i dont know about heated nozzles as you would probably need to heat the delivery pipes as well, this is posible u get elements from maplin for this job. even if u did wrap it round the rad top hose i think u will still get the un-heated exposed section of piping freezing.

Are you using a cheap screen wash? as i dont see why you should have this prob, i had no probs in temps down to-17C, just used a good screen wash and a reduced amount of water, worked fine.

cheers

robbie.

[Edited on 4-1-2002 by fluff34567]

[Edited on 4-1-2002 by fluff34567]

So they're not heated already? I wondered if they were or were just well designed 'cause I don't use much screen-wash in the water and mine have been fine. They haven't frozen up once even bombing down the M4 in minus temps.

ive had the washers freeze up,but that ws'nt such a dilema to sort the biggest problem i had a week or so back was the wiper's freezing,it was minus 11 though ......had to keep stopping at every service station to wash the screen and defrost the wipers............:(

I think if you've got a good wash mix there's no problem - mine haven't frozen at all, even at speed, during the recent cold spell.

superchargedIS200:

Don't you use the heated front screen? Mine gets quite hot and keeps the wipers ice-free pretty well.