Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Barbeque

What do you use/prefer?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use/prefer?

• Gas
    • Charcoal

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and have always frowned upon gas powered bbq's. Charcoal gives a far superior flavour and its just how its done! :huh:

But, many people I've spoken to recently swear by gas bbq's. They are much easier to light, you can turn them up and down as you wish, you use less coal and they, allegedly, do give the food the same flavour! Apparently this is due to the fats dripping on the coals and burning off.

If gas bbq's really do taste as good, I think I may have to invest in one!

Let me know what you think! Cheers guys & girls! :winky:

Bar-be-cue:

To roast, broil, or grill (meat or seafood) over live coals or an open fire, often basting with a seasoned sauce.

By definition a gas barbecue doesn't exist, it is merely an oudoor grill.

:lol:

Charcoal all the time every time......to use gas is just well daft..... THE thing to use is not the cheap charcoal briquettes but Aussie heat beads available from any good diy store ( read b&q focus etc ) these give a fierce heat off for hours often till the next morning they are a little more expensive but last longer so you use less.

Cooking is what i do for a job and most of the hotels ive worked in the summer we'd do the good old sunday BBQ for the punters we would use a giant gas BBQ which was C**P.....then one day they bought us a proper which was much more fun.....

The best kind of BBQ i have found is the kettle type or one with a lid as this helps radiate the heat around the food and thus ensures it cooks properly.

If you can get hold of some use some wood chips as well as this well give your food that authentic smoked flavour.

Keep a water spray near the BBQ as well to knock down any flames helps to stop the food burning.

Any BBQ king knows charcoal is the only way, You should never have burnt food on coals...Its just a matter of timing simple as that, If your food is burning then you just need to move your rack up higher.

Nick

OK not many ppl talking bout gas....soooooooooo...........

Less mess, same taste.

I guess its down to what you would prefer. I used to use a Charcoal, then bought a gas jobby. I prefer it that you can turn the heat down, so you can keep the food warm, without cremating it!

Just need to make sure you have enough gas :)

PPl say what is the point of a gas BBQ.........what is the point of any BBQ then?........except to cook/eat outside.