Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Bodyshop Repairs - What To Check For

You guys who have used Lexus bodyshops after accidents might be able to help me out. My car should be all repaired sometime this week.

Before I go and pick it up, is there anything I should specifically look for on the repair before signing for it (apart from making sure it's the right colour)? I'm assuming it's just the door and wing they have replaced and sprayed.

Thanks.

Check for overspray on the windows. Check the quality of the paint applied is blended well and consistently with the old paint. Make sure there are no new knocks or scrathes.

Ultimately, make sure YOU are happy with the work...

If its a dark colour make sure its in a well lit area and check for the dreaded "orange peel",look down the lenght of the car as close as you can get your face to the car and make sure its all been blended in correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys.

3 and half weeks since Lexus recovered the car, I go to pick it up.

New wing, new drivers door and bonnet resprayed, I inspect it first.

1. Bonnet out of alignment with replaced wing, gap uneven, bonnet sits lower than wing.

2. Driver's electric window makes scraping noise when going up or down.

3. Driver's door not flush with seals, and sits lower than rear door.

Lexus were happy to fix all this, but didn't seem greatly apologetic at the fact that I'd wasted my time travelling to collect it.

Hopefully, they will make the minor adjustments before I go back to pick it up again! Everyone else take note, that they should do a thorough check on this kind of work, obviously they are lacking in quality control.

I miss my V8!

An update on the situation with Lexus Edgware Road. They promised the car back on Bank Holiday Monday. No phone call at all. No phone call on Tuesday either, despite me leaving a message for them. So today I've just left a message for the dealer principal to sort it out. Beware those who are thinking of giving their bodyshop work to these guys! It's hassle! :yack: :yack:

Lexus now want me to pay up nearly 300 quid to replace the electric window motor, since the insurance company refused to pay for it. The motor is causing the scraping noise when the window goes up or down.

Talk about :tsktsk: hassle!

Yes, I told them there was no scraping noise before the accident.

I tell you, in the 6 years of dealing with Lexus dealers, I've had far better service from various Kwik-Fit garages. I'm dead serious. The Kwik-Fit places near me are always courteous, and do the job properly. Plus, their head office even phones you after the job was done to check everything went well. Lexus have NEVER done that!