Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handsfree Carkits

I had a hands-free kit fitted organised through work, but they couldn't get it to automatically mute the stereo. I'm not sure if this is due to any complexity of the wiring or just cost, but they've not been able to do this in my IS or GS

I had same problem, my brother fits em, he says its not worth it, and I begrudge paying out 50 odd quid on that little leather thing to sit the phone pod on. I just make do with a Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece and switch the stereo off ! Its alot less bother and a damm site less money. Plus you will have added expense if you decide to change your phone and it wont sit in your pod. Trust me, Ive been there and done that. :winky:

hiya, quite keen to get a hands free fitted , one which mutes the audio system, has anyone got this on their lexus, apparently some places wont do it on a lexus??? :unsure:

Have a look at My bluetooth car kit install

I use it when my phone is still in my pocket, and it doesn't wreck the dashboard.

The doggies danglers, I can tell you

Doesn't mute the stereo though, although that's never been a problem. I normally answer the call then mute the stereo!

All the Lexus range can be muted.

I personally would be worried letting someone (so called profesionals )work on my car if they couldn't do the job correctly. What else might they have done wrong that you don't know about ???

Not without work. Masny car kits and stuff come with a mute wire. however both BMW and Lexus have stereos where an amount of work is needed to get this to work

I have a button on my stereo which I press to mute :P

Not without work. Masny car kits and stuff come with a mute wire. however both BMW and Lexus have stereos where an amount of work is needed to get this to work

I have a button on my stereo which I press to mute :P

Not hard at all. It's just one wire, if you know where to look for it !!!!! :ph34r: