Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Door Scratch

Unfortunately, my son caught the door with the handlebars of his bike - the scratch is about six inches long and has taken off the paint layer (scarletti red) - not sure who to use to repair. The car is only 7-8 months old, if I use a non lexus dealer to repair, will this invalidate the paintwork warranty???

I have heard good things about chips away, so i might call them.

If I knew how to post a piccie link in this message I would but I don't - perhaps someone will let me know how I do this!!

make sure you get it done well - red is the easiest colour to spot repairs on. Respraying the door should cost between 1 and 200 quid - I know because the garage I took mine to for an MOT scratched it on 4 panels down the side.... man am I not pleased - esp as they deny it

Guest mark_tsang

it may well invalidate the warrenty if other bodyshops are used. car dealer 'approve' bodyshops are not necessary best - i took my previous mazda to a mazda dealer bodyshop few yrs ago & the result was terrible when i picked the car up with over spray as they didnt remove the window seals etc & very visible 'orange peel' effect & very expensve it was,didnt get what i paid for. im not saying Lexus is like that. i prefer places that only concentrate on bodywork than car dealers.

Thanks for the replies- if I had it done by someone else and they did a good job - would the dealer ever know if had been resprayed?

The other option is to do nothing - whilst it is a bit unsightly, it is not vital that I get it done