Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger

aido

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aid the lads in the mobile beat box didn't know what hit them  :P

Hehe, the bass boys, yeah they do mate, a sound wave eminating from your Hiper :P I can see them now going what the ****!!!!

That made me ***** Chris, I've been out tonight and have been ragging it a bit to be honest, sounds bloody crazy with the stock exhaust when you hit above 5k, would love to know if it makes the wssssssssshhhh noise but can't tell - who's gonna tell me at donington when I drive by :P

Drives like a dream, thanks for everything mate :winky:

Oh yeah, rung up dealer today about that damage that was found and pretended I was interested in a sale, so I said "are approved cars accident damaged" "No." "Do you refurb the wheels or just paint them?" "We use a company called Prestige in Milton Keynes who do a good job." "So do you sort all the paint work out before selling the car?" "Yes sir we get rid of all the scratches etc".

So you can guess my reply - "So why did you sell me one?!?!? The bloody front bumper was hanging on for it's life til it got sorted! And as for the alloys how come they're marked and spray painted with the spray paint still on the tyre?!?"

Let's just say it's gone up to the centre manager and I'm waiting for a call back - will be interesting how long that takes btw.....

So much for me buying an immaculate car (drives lovely now though btw I'm just ****** they sold me a dodgy car!)

For those interested, here's my charger and here's the damage that's been on the car since I bought it damage

Still impressed by the charger - floored it on a roundabout tonight and was nearly doing 80 as I was coming off - it's just crazy!

Nice one ....... Did you have to run it in ? :winky:

Erm, yeah, ran it in a bit - haven't gone crazy with it - have to admit I thought I had done until I booted it off that roundabout tonight and it just flew away!! I've felt the backend twitch a couple of times so going to be careful for now until I've got a better feel for the power - only problem is by then the Hiper will be here to go on and it'll be better still!!

Does anyone have a video clip with sound of the Supercharged Is200?

Does it get noisy around town,  80% I use my car around town and I barely get it over 4000rpm.

Does it improve low down torque?

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...album01/aby.mpg

That's Mat's car with the Hiper and Supercharger before it got transformed into the Monster we all now know - the Hiper is making the deep throaty sound and the supercharger is making the higher pitched noise - sounds bloody ace doesn't it?!

Everytime I see boy racers at the minute I'm dropping a couple of gears and just revving it and they just look confused :P

As for noise, it only really starts to wail when you go above 4,000rpm so below that isn't much difference, but you can tell that it's not normal anymore as it sounds more menacing.

As for torque, yeah it's a big difference - think it's nearly 30% up on standard.

I've uploaded the tech docco from TTE to www.mybad.co.uk - gives you all the stats etc.

Edited by aido

Ok, so now you've all gone and done it! I want one, I want one NOW! :ph34r:

Where is the best place to get one? And can I get one on 0% finance?

Erm, you can get one from TDI or directly from TTE in Germany.

Think you can also get them from a dealer if you have the part number but not sure what that is to be honest.

Don't think either do 0% apr - just apply for one of those poxy credit cards and stick it on there for the first 6 months!!!

Oh yeah, and Ifraz, you'll see it soon matey - next week is ace cos it's going to be like a midlands mini meet!!

but **** does the red line come up on you quickly!

dont know where you drive your car matey, i never got my to redline yet............ :whistling::whistling::whistling: ;) ;) ;)

highest i have is 4000rpm... :lol::lol::lol::lol: :duh: :duh: :blink::blink:

Does anyone have a video clip with sound of the Supercharged Is200?

Does it get noisy around town,  80% I use my car around town and I barely get it over 4000rpm.

Does it improve low down torque?

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...album01/aby.mpg

That's Mat's car with the Hiper and Supercharger before it got transformed into the Monster we all now know - the Hiper is making the deep throaty sound and the supercharger is making the higher pitched noise - sounds bloody ace doesn't it?!

Everytime I see boy racers at the minute I'm dropping a couple of gears and just revving it and they just look confused :P

As for noise, it only really starts to wail when you go above 4,000rpm so below that isn't much difference, but you can tell that it's not normal anymore as it sounds more menacing.

As for torque, yeah it's a big difference - think it's nearly 30% up on standard.

I've uploaded the tech docco from TTE to www.mybad.co.uk - gives you all the stats etc.

Sounds fantastic!

Dam wish I had the money now, mybe this time next year I'm definatly buying one

And deeeeeep breath in Aido!! :lol::lol:

Good on ya matey!!!!

Don't worry though, I know what you mean!!!....It's the best isn't it!! What you need to do now is get the TDI HKS induction kit on...then you'll really scare people!!! Remember mine from Gaydon?? ;) ?? But then I'm guessing you've heard Zee's and maybe Dave E's anyway!!...It's good to be loud and intrusive...eh Zee and Dave! ;)

Best buy some pain killers...for the next few weeks your jaw will be hurting from smiling so much

What's happening next week? :huh:

Thought it was the meet at Donington?

Was down your way today at Notts, David there is a top guy and my issues are all resolved, there isn't a problem with the aircon radiator even though it's bumped - thank *** for that cos I was ****ting it for a minute!

And deeeeeep breath in Aido!! :lol::lol:

Don't worry though, I know what you mean!!!....It's the best isn't it!! What you need to do now is get the TDI HKS induction kit on...then you'll really scare people!!! Remember mine from Gaydon?? ;) ?? But then I'm guessing you've heard Zee's and maybe Dave E's anyway!!...It's good to be loud and intrusive...eh Zee and Dave! ;)

Tell you what mate my fingers are knacked after typing that lot :P

Can't really remember what yours sounded like - will need to check again what the combo is like. All I remember from hearing them screaming was that they were good!! I need to compare!

I've had the car twitching a few times on the way back - and I've realised that the traction control really is ******* - I booted it off a roundabout and there was no pick up at all with my foot to the floor, looked at the dash and just saw the spinning wheels where it was kicking in, turned it off and no such experiences since!!

Was it one of you lot who took a supercharged IS200 into Notts for a service a few weeks back? I was showing them mine today and they said one was in a couple of weeks ago, a grey one with the blue hoses - sounded like Zee's from the description but it was a bird driving it?

I heard Zee's and Tony Goose's superchargers last March at the TTE meet, and even at idle speed they have a distinctive howl. A corolla drove in as well with teh same whine, with the S/C you definitely can't sneak up on people anymore ;)

I keep noticing the Mercs (180 Kompressor and 200 Kompressor) in the neighbourhood, they sound somewhat similar, but they're just 4 cyl. :yack:

RX-Men-8

I heard Zee's and Tony Goose's superchargers last March at the TTE meet, and even at idle speed they have a distinctive howl. A corolla drove in as well with teh same whine, with the S/C you definitely can't sneak up on people anymore ;)

I keep noticing the Mercs (180 Kompressor and 200 Kompressor) in the neighbourhood, they sound somewhat similar, but they're just 4 cyl. :yack:

RX-Men-8

A friend of mine owns a Mercedes C class 200 Kompressor (new shape)

I dont hear any distintive whine noise, and the car aint that fast either. 0 - 60 mph in around 9 secs.

All you can hear is the noisy 4 cyl engine, but its dead quite inside the car.

Aido - i see that you have a relocated clutch reservoir rather than the adaptor - can u get a few close up shots of that for me???

Glad i wasn't the only one to spot that - was feeling right geeky :lol:

Similar arrangement on that Janspeed car on eBay recently ...

:geek::geek:

i cant even spot the piccys :blush:

I heard Zee's and Tony Goose's superchargers last March at the TTE meet, and even at idle speed they have a distinctive howl.  A corolla drove in as well with teh same whine, with the S/C you definitely can't sneak up on people anymore  ;)

I keep noticing the Mercs (180 Kompressor and 200 Kompressor) in the neighbourhood, they sound somewhat similar, but they're just 4 cyl.  :yack:

RX-Men-8

A friend of mine owns a Mercedes C class 200 Kompressor (new shape)

I dont hear any distintive whine noise, and the car aint that fast either. 0 - 60 mph in around 9 secs.

All you can hear is the noisy 4 cyl engine, but its dead quite inside the car.

You're right, with the Mercs, the sound is less distinct, I think I read somewhere the S/C pulley disengages at idle rpm? When they rev it you'll hear the whirr...

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links