Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger

aido

Just got back from getting the supercharger fitted and woah......

This will sound like a broken record to the guys who have them fitted but it's mega!!!!

Got up to around +50 on a test track and it got there so easily it was stupid!

And the sound - oh the sound, sounds great with the factory backbox fitted but no where near as good as Chris's which I heard with the Hiper! There's nothing like the blower whining though - and is it me or does it sound like she's crying when you release the throttle from above 4,000rpm and it hits around 3,600 - I just have to floor it again to cheer it up :winky:

The 0-60 time is improved - it's not one of these that throws you back in the chair like some Scooby's I've been in but it's perfect for what I want - but everything above that is just too easy - 40 - 60 etc isnt' even hard!

Everyone should have one of these fitted, they're just ace! Everything is just so much better, but **** does the red line come up on you quickly!

Just got to get used to her now but definitely a massive improvement - got a few more stares than normal on the way home :whistling:

I'm just going to leave the bonnet up tomorrow with the blower screaming her head off - **** me if it wasn't this late I'd be out there doing just that now!

Oh and Zee, destroyed those 2 IS200's I saw on the way home I told you about - it was like a mini convoy with 3 IS200's all together but I don't think they were members so I just said see ya and decked it :whistling:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and Zee, destroyed those 2 IS200's I saw on the way home I told you about - it was like a mini convoy with 3 IS200's all together but I don't think they were members so I just said see ya and decked it :whistling:

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice one pal - catch up with you soon defo.... ;)

I want to go back out and play but it's too noisy :whistling:

I got a few disapproving looks from the people in the local after they'd heard the blow off and wondered what was going on :winky:

Guess I can join that now too - is it just me or do you guys also occasionally dump the throttle when you're near the 4k mark just to get that great sound - all I can liken it to is all hell breaking loose!!!!

Don't know what difference the K&N filter made as I've had that fitted straight from stage one?

And for anyone that hasn't quite understood what I'm saying in this post [expletive]"The charger is **** ACE!"[/expletive]

Edited by aido

Added around £300 to mine with Direct Line

You know you want one :P

The lads here told me how much better it was but that's an understatement - oh well off to work tomorrow then a few hours driving tomorrow night - I'm stuck in the world of Optimax now - shame eh!!!

Does anyone have a video clip with sound of the Supercharged Is200?

Really want to know what is like!

Does it get noisy around town, 80% I use my car around town and I barely get it over 4000rpm.

Does it improve low down torque?

The more and more I read about this, the more and more I am tempted to get one! Stop writing about it you gits! :shutit:

Being a complete car numpty, does this have any long term effects on the car in ANY way? I know with bikes tuning them to heaven and back, the engines dont tend to last very long before they need re-building and stuff....

Aido - you're making me jealous. I've seriously thought about it but can't really justify it at the moment because I only do about 5 or 6000 miles a year. Also, at the moment, I have other priorities for my cash.

I hope to be able to see and hear yours soon if Donnington gets sorted.

Being a complete car numpty, does this have any long term effects on the car in ANY way? I know with bikes tuning them to heaven and back, the engines dont tend to last very long before they need re-building and stuff....

I have had mine on for over 50k..... no side effects <touches wood>..... other than making me want to drive the car more..... :D