Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Complaints About Dealer

I am appaled at the level of service I am currently receiving at the hands of Lexus Bromley with regard to getting a quote for accident repair to my car. 6 calls and promises from a proxy centre manager have resulted in nothing and as a last attempt, I am going to see if I can get the sales guys there to help out. Bromley is my local dealer and I dont really have the time to take the car out to a dealer further away to get this sorted (unless someone here convinces me thats the right thing to do).

I want to formally complain about this. What would be a good point. I was thinking of shooting a letter off to the Manager at Bromley with copies to Jemca (who have recently taken over Bromley) and Lexus GB.

Does anyone have an address for Jemca?

I have spoken to Bromley and told them that they've had their time to come up with the goods. That ultimatum has expired. Spoken to Lexus Customer Services who initially advised me to 'take it easy'!!!! I rejected that offer and have lodged a formal complaint. They will not take up the issue with Lexus Bromley.

I am begining to wonder if its really the Lexus service (definitely above average) or the quality of their cars (excellent build and reliability) thats winning them the awards. It will be shameful if Jaguar or Honda (reputed to come in a close second) pips Lexus in future JD Powers surveys.

with copies to Jemca (who have recently taken over Bromley) and Lexus GB.

Does anyone have an address for Jemca?

amolkarnik if you get hold of this address please let me know - thanks :winky:

Quick Update -

I still havent heard from Lexus GB.

Had been promised by Jennifer (she is meant to be someone important) at Bromley that she would have an update for me today. No call from her.

Had a chat last night with the Lexus sales guys at Bromley (Wayne) who apologised and promised to get the issue sorted.

Then received a call from Kevin (after sales manager) last night to get more information on the issue. Provided him the details and he had promised to update me this morning. No calls from him.

I called them 30 min back. Kevin has almost owned up to the fact that they have lost the pictures, cant find a quotation that they have claimed to have mailed me and have no clue about whats going on. He has promised to send someone out to inspect my car tomorrow and prepare a new quotation tomorrow if they cant find the one they think they have ready.

Needless to say I am :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

dude, thats a sad story. I can sympathise, having been in contact with my supplying Lexus dealer and Lexus GB, and I only got resolution of my problem by being an annoying git and phoning, faxing, and writing letters virtually every day until they started the ball rolling. That was many, many years ago, I had hoped they would have changed by now.

I don't know what it is with these big companies, but once they've got your cash, you have to persist and persist for them to sort out any after sales issues.

BE PERSISTENT. CALL THEM UP EVERY HOUR UNTIL THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Lexus GB seem to have a policy of throwing everything back at the dealer, and are very reluctant to get involved with dealership issues, even when the dealer is being a :tsktsk: !

Don't know what it is about UKvsUS operations, but customer service seems to lag behind the standard set in the US. I know people in the US that take a 10 year old Ls400 into Lexus for a service and they still get a brand new RX300 courtesy car. You've never get that here..

I am begining to wonder if its really the Lexus service (definitely above average) or the quality of their cars (excellent build and reliability) thats winning them the awards. It will be shameful if Jaguar or Honda (reputed to come in a close second) pips Lexus in future JD Powers surveys.

Interesting point actually. I've had my IS200 since March. Towards the end of April my father decided to replace his Golf GTI and was wondering about getting a Lexus too (because he liked the look of mine). After I told him about the level of service I'd received from the Lexus dealer that sold me the car he went to see a Honda dealer instead.

Honda seemed to bend over backwards to sell him a car (Honda Civic Executive - very nice car but not exactly my cup of tea). He didn't spend much more than me (and he got a brand new car whereas my IS200 is nearly three years old), the dealership treated him like royalty, good trade in deal, no complaints, no petty squabbling, etc. etc.

If only Honda did nice looking cars - I'm not keen on any of their current range.

I helped my mate buy a CRV last year and was very impressed with the dealer. Very courteous and responsive. Shame their cars arent the nicest looking. Their engines are gems though. I read somewhere that they havent had a single failure reported to the V-TECH technology (17 million+ engines sold)

Well, I purchased a new Honda CR-V SE Executive for my wife a month ago. We love the car, but the dealer handover was a nightmare.... I put a post on there about it... If Lexus sold a 20-25k *new* 4x4 then we'd have stayed with the Lex brand. I know I will when I change my IS in 2 years time!

At the end of the day I still think it is very much down to the individual dealer as to the level of service you get. I still rate Lexus Hadleigh *way* above my local Honda dealer. Mind you... the Honda dealer is still about as good as you're going to get outside the Lexus fold... :blink: