Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ultra Shiney

Ive been using Maguires since I got the car and ran out of it last week. What I did, as I used to do on my Capri RS3100 was to use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (A good thick layer, well rubbed in), buffed up, then spray a bit of the missises Mr Sheen and buff up with a really soft duster.

Result: A glass-like shine all over so deep you can measure it. In all honesty, I rate this better than Maguires Gold. I suppose it looks good on mine cos its a dark colour, try it an see guys.

I ran out of glass cleaner. We have just got a new Halogen hob and the wife uses "Hob Brite" I tried it on her car first!! The glass came up brilliant and really quick and easy to use. Its in a bright orange bottle and only cheap. From Morrisons.

I will be sticking with that from now on. :)

There's a Ford garage near me well known for it's car prep and I have seen them use Mr Sheen during their exterior prep - esp on bumpers etc - it looks really good but I am not sure how durable it is ...

thing is mixing waxes might not be such a good idea... I use a Canuba wax.

Dealers tend to use products to make them have an instant shine... all they are interested in is selling the car.. not protecting the paintwork for you.

I have been a die hard Autoglym user, and I started to use the 3 Stage Meguiar's over the last couple of weeks, I did notice on this last wash that when I was hosing it down the water nearly jumped off the car!

The super resign Autoglym stuff is good, but not as good as the Canuba wax.

go and get yourself some Canuba wax from http://www.lexuscarcare.com

I washed the car the other day without soap.. just plain water then used a spritzer to wipe the car down... the water fell off the car so quickly..

i dont need to use soaps to wash the wax away.. plain water was fine... but then again i was washing off dust.. grime will need a bit of lather

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links