Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hand Brake Light

Hello everyone.

I had my car to bits fitting a big ice install and since then I have had a problem with the handbrake light on the dash staying on. I just wondered if anyone had a quick fix for this problem or knew whether resetting the ecu gets rid of it?

thanks

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone.

I had my car to bits fitting a big ice install and since then I have had a problem with the handbrake light on the dash staying on. I just wondered if anyone had a quick fix for this problem or knew whether resetting the ecu gets rid of it?

thanks

Hi,I've just fitted a boot spoiler with LED brake lights and my dash/handbrake light now stays on,have you solved your problem?,sounds like I have the same sort of problem. :crybaby:

Hello everyone.

thanks

Hi,I've just fitted a boot spoiler with LED brake lights and my dash/handbrake light now stays on,have you solved your problem?,sounds like I have the same sort of problem. :crybaby:

If you disconnected the oem high level b/light (5th b/light) then you would have the dash light come on.

Hello everyone.

thanks

Hello again

I've cured my dash/handbrake light problem by refitting the brakelight bulb (from the light on the parcel shelf) but lead the wires into the boot so it isn't visible.

NB....Handbook says check brake fluid level,brakelight bulbs and that you havent left the handbrake on :whistling:

hope this helps......nottonto :)