Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time For A Gripe

My daughter has a Megane, bought new 2 years ago now with 24k and FSH. The clutch bearing is sounding like Edmondo Ross' band and the local dealer wants £800 to set it right. Apparently clutch work on a Megane needs the gearbox out.

I spoke to Renault who said that a clutch bearing is fair wear and tear so they will contribute nil euros despite a 3-year warranty.

Is it me who is being unreasonable?

Wearing the clutch plates out could be your own doing (but very unskillful) and considered "normal" wear, but the release bearing should last more than 24k, I'd say at least 3 times that. But I heard most European car manufacturers don't give real warranty anymore :angry:

RX-Men-8

Ah - Renault

A colleague of mine got a new Renault Laguna Tourer (new shape) a few years back. One day the car started all by itself and drove through the garage door from the outside and totally trashed the contents of the garage and partly demolished the rear garage wall.

Renault wanted nothing to do with it and passed him to his insurers.

After various emails to and fro Renault made a big mistake and accidentally sent him the confidential Renault engineers report about the vehicle.

The gist was that on a number of vehicles the starter motor wiring had been mis-routed and after a period of time one of the wires plastic surrounds would chaffe sufficiently to allow the starter motor to automatically start and if you were 'in gear' then it would drive off. Known problem.

Armed with this email Renault paid for all the repairs and supplied a new vehicle on the condition he took it no further.

The service we got from Renault when the gearbox in my wife's Scenic broke convinced me that I NEEDED not just wanted another Lexus !

I even tried pointing out to them the fact that you'd get better service at a Skoda dealer, but they couldn't understand what my problem was. As an AA man once said to me, "French cars mate, load of :tsktsk: "

Edited by ColinBarber

<snip> As an AA man once said to me, "French cars mate, load of  :tsktsk: "

Girlfreinds Saxo, is now on its 3rd Cat and needs its fan belt replacing every year for the MOT- CRAP!

Edited by ColinBarber

My other half has a pug.....everything on it has been replaced, next is the bonnet..shoddy paintwork, took it to the main dealer because bad paintwork is well known on these cars......not interested,said it was aftermarket...what rubbish, its only 5 yrs old and never been in a prang!!! :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links