Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Challenge Is On!

well have spoken to Tesco today and i will have my loan by Friday this week!

i already have te £2500 from sellin my punto and have got a loan for £5000, so have £7500 in total!

but can it be done!

i have checked the bca blackbushe website and am going up there on monday 24th. currently there is 7 is200's going through on that day, and finger's crossed im going to be walking, sorry..... :driving: driving away with one.

most of the cars being auctioned are SE's or Sport's but tucked away amongst them is a little 2001 black s that i reckon i have a slim, real slim chance of mabey gettin because all the dealers will flock for the SE/Sport models giving me a chance at the little s!

then i can officially be part of loc and not just a wanna be :crybaby:

i will post the prices of what they all go for and let you know how i get on, last time i went a 2001 sport with 86k on the clock went for £8050, fingers crossed!

J.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a reason why the dealers will shy away from the `s` models

as they have quite a substantial lack of equipment that is found on the `se` and the `sport` models

take into account the resale values of them all, or the ease that you will resell with

although with a limited budget, you may well have to settle for it

good luck ! and keep us informed

:)

yes, i understand that the s is lackin in its trim etc.

but at the end of the day i want the seats retrimmed in white and will be changing a lot of the interior, also the insurance is about £150 cheaper. although it will start going up when i start with the moddin!

im not to worried about gettin an s, the engines are the same. so im happy :D

thanks.

J.

yes, i understand that the s is lackin in its trim etc.

but at the end of the day i want the seats retrimmed in white and will be changing a lot of the interior, also the insurance is about £150 cheaper. although it will start going up when i start with the moddin!

im not to worried about gettin an s, the engines are the same. so im happy :D

thanks.

J.

white :o

have fun keeping it clean :lol:

whilst the 's' model doesn't have the extra trim etc, it's still an IS200, and it's quite easy to upgrade the interior as you wish.

I have an 's' model, and am very happy with it. i got a 'sport' when i put mine in for service, and yes it was nice, but i wasn't botheres about giving it back when mine was ready!

There are several 's' models in the club, just ask about for opinions on them!

Stu :driving:

Mine is an S, and ... well, I'm gonna upset a few people here, but there's quite a few SE / Sports knocking about - same alloys, usually silver. I like going down the road in my S, it does look different to the Sports ones, and - yes - the trim isn't as tip-top, but with my missus - that's a good thing. :) :) :)

Grab an S, get some 17 inch SE alloys off eBay if you want, then tweak the interior if you feel like it and bingo - you create your own ! :) :winky:

way i look at it is still an IS if you go for the 's', why do we MOD our IS's well i dont like haveing the same as the guy next door to me so i mod my IS to the way i want it ,just like all you guys do the same, you put bits on the car to your likeing so by going for the 's' you can do what you like to it , at the end of the day you will still have an IS200 , i say go out and get that IS that you have waitted so long for mate and come back and tell us all about it. then you will get the MODing bug B) :driving:

check out some of thse in autotrader eg:

LEXUS IS Saloon 2.0 SE 4dr Auto

Black. Air conditioning, Leather seats, Sunroof, ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system.lexus service history,6 months tax,. 77000 miles. £8000.

Tel: 07976 283841or 020 82205250

Distance: 104 miles

Price: £8,000

there is cheap high mileage is200 on autotrader this week, take a look,

Auctions are excellent but an element of risk is involved especially when the car has high mileage, any ways good luck with finding a lexus there a brilliant cars, u can't beat them.

or look at these ones on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2479001208&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2479421245&rd=1

I'm yet another S owner. I'd not have been able to justify changing the wheels if I'd bought an SE but the 16s were a pain to clean, look ugly and don't handle as well. Now I have a distinctive looking IS200 for the price of an S+alloys. I wouldn't have used the sunroof and the kids would have wrecked the leather seats.

I have checked the bca blackbushe website and the highest mileage lexus going through on monday is 77k. this also happens to be the one im going for. its a black 2001 s, i want black cause i think it will look sweet with huge chrome wheels, and blacked out windows, well as much as the law will let me!