Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Peole

I recently changed my oil, used Mobil 1 however then had white smoke coming out of my exhaust and within 2 weeks oil was down. Rang lexus and they said the oil could be too thin and going

Through pistons.

So i changed my oil to 15-40 penrite synthetic blend still have smoke

Especiialy when cold and seems to go for a while.

I dint have this problem before, seems strange,

Can anyone advise ...thanks in advance.

The oil has reduced a little since change. sopke to lexus again but they were unhelpfull when they heard it was a twin turbo aristo import.

They said they dont know about twin turbos yeah yeah .

changing the oil filtre was hell, i suppose to check oil filtre i have to drain oil and remove filtre ?

It does seem that the oil is a bit of a coincidence but I have heard that you shouldn't put fully synthetic oil into an engine that's not used to it i.e. one thats been run on mineral or semi for a considerable number of miles.

Using synthetic in any engine is fine. The problem you may get it if seals etc are a little worn. Normal oil tends to sludge up a bit and blocks up the holes. However synthetic is thinner so gets through and I think it also removes the sludge.

Yes turbo seals could also be the cause.

Today i asked 2 different places one said wither the head or turbo seals.

I believe i miised somehting in the originall post.

However having the car radiator boil due to broken cap and then replace the cap and fill the water after it had cooled down leds one mechanic to believe its the head ( or the rubbers on the head) he said these rubbers cant be replaced u need to get the whole head recondiditoned which is very expensive.

So he reccomended somehting which im not sure of.

He said add some "no smoke" additive to the oil that will close the rubbers

which will fix the problem. Just not sure ..is there anyone who understands these additives.

Thanks