Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Problems

IS-PW

Are you sure that the cracking noise is not from the wall you just banged into? :D

I get the wiper thing too, it's very annoying. Initially my wiper when first arrived was broken at the joint, it didn't clip in properly, this LED to a scratch right in front of my vision! I guss I got used to it now but maybe I could claim it from Lexus? But since it's replacement (asap by the dealer at showroom), it has been okay but the knocking thing is there. Especially when going fast.

Problems:

Wiper as mentioned.

Gearbox 'knocking' going into third now disappear.

Brakes were spongy b4 10k service - brakes cleaned and now great again.

Power steering pump belt not adjusted properly, leading to screeeeech when cold - fixed.

Paint very weak - getting worse by day!

Had problems starting about 5-8 times. most when cold. once hot. Once after very water logged motorway and 2 day no action run.

Hi-Fi ate a CD once, eventually got it out myself.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right: when going fast the wiper makes a loud knocking.

It's the left one, when the wiper turns direction.

I think it's normal.

The left (when you sit in the car) one has a wing and is bigger than the right one and is pressed harder against the windscreen.

Strange...sounds like it's coming from the drivers side....it's really annoying...cant be normal. I had an IS200Se before my present car & the wipers didint make any noise?

Originally posted by Canter

That's right: when going fast the wiper makes a loud knocking.

It's the left one, when the wiper turns direction.

I think it's normal.

The left (when you sit in the car) one has a wing and is bigger than the right one and is pressed harder against the windscreen.

As yours is left hand drive I guess its reveresed for us. I had the same problem on the drivers side wiper, it would knock when it got to the top as though it was hitting the pillar, but it wasn't it was just the wiper changing direction. I had a new blade put on 2 weeks ago and it hasn't done it since (and we've had quite a bit of rain).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my IS 200 just 2 weeks ago, and is is out of garanty for 3 days!!!

Today the Ignition lock brakes, so I cant start the car nor even lock.

Further problems:

(I have driven Mazda and Hondo for 10 year now never ever having once a problem not even a brokenbulb)

1. Ignition lock brakes car has to be towed

2. Louspeaker sqeezy bad noise from the back, the dealer fixed the trunk with tape

3. replaced 2 bulbs in 1 week

4. Noise from the passenger seat and noises from the passenger door all the time.

5. When breaking bad noises too, sounds like something broken.

5. The moonroof opens and closed very loud, noises from tht wind too.

I will let you know what the dealer will say on Fryday,

(think allready better bought the new Mazda 6 instead, but I,m frightend of the quality because the belong to Ford now)

Andreas

Credit where credit is due. Lexus Hatfield replaced my alloys no problem - very nice they are too - although they informed me they are refurbished wheels (so who's have I got !!!:smilegrin:) They look like new and I actually prefer them to the older ones - seem easier to clean.

Notice the last post - my rear speakers give off a lot of vibration noise even on very little bass. - anyone got this on their IS or know how to fix it ?

Originally posted by jenners

Notice the last post - my rear speakers give off a lot of vibration noise even on very little bass. - anyone got this on their IS or know how to fix it ?

Got the same problem...better upgrade them :sniff:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed the noise inside the cabin when driving on the motorway, I have heard this is one of Lexus' downfall.

My indicators don't seem to camcel themsleves properly.

And finally, I maybe going mad but has anyone had a problem with the closing of their bonnet?

About two weeks ago I woke up and found the edges of my bonnet raised, but the catch was still in place. I thought someone had tampered with it and just tried to shut it but i couldn't, so I called the RAC to help, they came around and couldn't close it either and couldn't work out what was wrong as there were no scrathes on the paintwork (couldn't have been forcefully opened) and there was no crinkling or damage to the bonnet (couldn't have been hit). I bought the car to the Lexus main dealer and they told me it had been hit right on the lip of the bonnet which had pushed it up and damaged it, (I couldn't see the damage). My problem with this explanation is that my car stays on a drive overnight!!! The only reasonable explanation was that it was hit two nights earlier when i was out and that i didn't notice it for two days......can anyone help me with this? Are there any reported faults with the IS200 bonnet?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links