Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goldies Meet

Claire G

Forgot to mention that next weekend Donington are hosting the Download festival, so we should hear (if not see!) some of that too.

When you get there, there'll be security on the gate. You need to mention you're with LOC and you'll be directed to a cordoned off area especially for us.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300 year old folding chairs in the boot :whistling:

dont think that there are many 300 year olds coming dave :P

Forgot to mention that next weekend Donington are hosting the Download festival

whats a download festival :huh:

If you've got some fold up chairs that'd be good Chris. We're also asking for a donation of a fiver each to help with costs.

Hope you can make it, it will be good to see you!

Don't want to be difficult but I thought this was a goldie freebie ?

£10 for 2 seems a tad steep when no/little booze will/should be available !

What are we being charged for the venue ?

Not at all Dave, no problem you asking - I'm happy to clarify. This event is costing iro £400-£500

This includes the hire of the venue (and we got a good discount!), the charge for the BBQ, getting a BBQ and chiller sorted, transporting it, food, sundries incl plates, condiments etc.

Whilst we'd like to do it as a freebie, and it's at your discretion if you pay (although we will ask!). The £25 we pay a head as Goldies is largely spent on hosting the site.

My mate who is involved with another car club gets stung for £40 a year membership - I keep telling him to ditch his TVR, get a Lexus and go Gold!!! [;-)]

Thanks,

Claire

Dave, I'm the stereotypical woman when it comes to directions! I had to go to Bradford for work once and my directions were of the 'come out of our road, turn left' variety (!!!)

Luckily my good half has just called to say he's done a shift swap so will be able to make it after all. Phew. I was worried about ending up in Edinburgh!

aido

he's the official guide :whistling:

Oh feck :o

Who's up for KFC then :P

That Download festival sounds **** great, might even pop over on Saturday to see what the crack is!

How much would it peeve Metallica if they were doing there sets as we started the Hiper's humming when they're warm :whistling:

Here's some directions:

From the South via the M1:

Leave the M1 at Junction 23a, following signs for East Midlands Airport, (A453) and the brown tourist signs for Donington Park. Go past the main entrance to the airport, (traffic lights) and proceed straight on. Directions to Donington Park's main entrance will be clearly sign posted thereafter.

From the North via the M1:

Leave at Junction 24a and onto the A50 Westbound. Then follow Donington Park event signage.

From the South West via the M5/M40 to the M42:

From the M5 join the M42 at Junction 4a and from the M40 join the M42 northbound at Junction 3a. Continue northbound on the M42/A42. At Junction 14 follow Donington Park event signage

From the North via the M6/A50:

Leave the M6 at Junction 15 heading for Stoke-on-Trent and the Uttoxeter (A50 bypass). Once onto the A50 continue right through following the signs to Uttoxeter/Derby and later picking up signs for the M1. The A50 continues past Uttoxeter over the A38, picking up more signs for the M1. Then follow Donington Park event signage.

So Claire - that means:

Turn left at the exit for J23a, straight over the first roundabout (don't go left as it's a services) - straight over the next roundabout (might be more than one), go straight past the airport then follow the signs

:P

You really can't get lost on this one, it's a piece of ***** to find - even if you miss J23a just come off at J23 and follow the signs for the airport - really good location Donington.

Don't actually know what's in the real place except maybe for a church and some houses and maybe a pub?

Shall I bring some beer to this then?

Ooooh wife beater!

I stopped drinking Stella as I couldn't stop mixing it with Smirnoff Ice and I kept forgetting things :o

Stick to Bud now!

Stella is good stuff though :)

Ok...me, Lisa and 11yr old monster will definitely be there :)

Is it still 10:30 onwards?

Aint got no chairs so it looks like its the grass for us lol

Not sure we can stay for the BBQ... but would still love to put a few faces to the names we know :)

So looking forward to meeting you all... even the RED BARON :whistling: lol

See you all Sunday

Gaz :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk