Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please

maria

After nealy a week of problems with my internet connection I have finally restored my XP to the 10th and removed my norton, and I am now able to use the net again, problem now is I am un-protected!!!!!

So can anyone recommennd a decent anti virus system that I can use as a matter of urgency!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Maria

Built-in XP firewall does the job.

Mmmm.... is it not more of a fire-blanket!

It's not very configurable and I'd always use OS independant security software.

This one is Free and its fine, you should have no issues with XP.

i will second the grisoft AVG 6.0 anti virus.. it protects everything and is free plus its auto updates free.. so far has found a lot of virus's trying to attack pc i find that its not worth the money buying the well known versions as the people that generate virus's tend to now make them attack the antivirus program first..

craig

I have sent a pm.

Am still having problems, have loaded the avg but still keep getting trojan attacks, the pop up's are driving me mad!!! If anyone is near my house a hard hat is recommended as this pc is going to be flying very soon!!!!!!

Thanks for all your reply's

Maria, Trojan attacks will just be reports from your Firewall saying that you are getting port scanned on 'known' trojan ports, just turn off the alerts on your firewall.