Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car After Is200?

before you all shout 'another one' or 'new model next year'. what seriously have you considered a change too:

hard isnt it!

my list has included, with comments:

mazda rx8....no auto or cruise. poor mpg( f%$%g great to drive though)

mercedes c class saloon....bit dull

mercedes c class coupe....quite like this in new model ,rear access awkward

saab aero....um

bmw 3 series.... poor driving position,too many around, new model soon

audi a4 avant....practical good deisel(yuk) but expensive extras and facelift due

jaguar x type 2.5....old man image. resale. no cruise on sport model

rav 4....no cruise.well built and practical though

volvo s40 t5....um

and i end up back where i started with a car ive had longer than any other and cant replace

I already decided a few months ago when I first got the lex that once our lass has passed her driving test, she can have it, and Im having a TVR, however now that ive fell in love with her (the lex, not our lass), she aint havin it, she can have the focus thats sat doing nothing, and Im keeping the lex...........oh, and Im having a TVR also, I dont care what she says............ :winky: :D

IS300 :rolleyes:

Its not 'just' an IS200 with a bigger engine, it feels like a totally different car altogether. :driving:

I would have said the IS300 as well. You obviously like your IS200 and the IS300 just improves on it.

I guess you need to decide what are the main things you are looking for in a car. Your current list is quite varied from coupes to 4x4, saloons and estates etc.

Well dependant on IF I dont have kids by then AND if I HAD to change my IS, then probably:

Boxster - would have one now, but I dont have enough no claims bonus and only been driving cars 2 years!

Carrrea - Affordable, nice looking, quick... Porsche lol

DB7- Well who wouldnt?

Or if I do have sprogs:

IS300 - Why not? Love the 200, more power and they are big enough for a small family.

RX300 - Need I say more?

BMW X5 - Always liked them, looked good, drive well.

If I carry on with my thinking and get a S/C for my IS, I probably won't want to change it!

car is up for sale so will hopefully sell by end of june wen i advertise properly (only advertised it on club at the mo)

gettin new car at end of yr or begining of 2005, im changing to an audi A4 3.0V6 drop top

have also considered X5- waiting list is too long for facelift version

350z- no insurance quotes

but............. i mite get a PORSCHE 911 (old shape on a R plate, very nice looking) or a 2yrold carrera2 wit full GT3 bodykit and insure it under dads name

but bout 70%audi at the mo' really like that car

mitch

RX8, 350Z, Porche - you obviously don't have to worry about kids or cargo.

The 300 sportcross is the obvious all rounder - plenty of oomph and plenty of room and it's neither a Mazda or a Nissan - it's a Lex.

The head and heart battle it out - the lex brings them closer together :excl::excl: .

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if you can get the IS300 in the UK with a manual gearbox?

also, whats so much better about the is300 than the is200 apart from the +1ltr engine?

Im a bit of a newbie so please dont think im taking the mic..

and whats this altezza stuff I read everywhere? is it a kit or a different car..

eg. altezza coupe?

Thanks a load

Pete

Nope, they only do the auto IS300 over here. The main difference is the larger engine (obviously) but it does feel like a slightly different drive. The Altezzas you see people posting is a Jap-import Lexus - same shape as the IS200 but more power. I think that they only have a cloth interior although some of the Tezza boys will tell you more!

Oh, and back on topic - I went for the GS300 Sport after my IS200 Sport. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I grow up (and win the lottery) I want a GS430. Other cars that take my fancy are the Jag XK8 and for some unbeknown reason a Caterham 7.