Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc / Abs / Vsc Off Warning Lights

I have a 1999 Lexus GS300 Sport which now has a problem with the VSC / ABS / VSC off lights being illuminated.

In addition to this, the VSC off button on the centre console, also appears not to work or change the lights on the speedo head at any point.

I am guessing it could be the ABS actuator which I have saw mentioned in a couple of places (but my mind would prefer it to be an electrical fault !).

Can anyone give me any advice or sensible steps to take before the ultimate *laugh*

Thanks a lot

If there is a problem with the master cylinder/abs actuator then there is normally a buzzer that sounds continuously so hopefully it's not that serious.

You need to take it somewhere that can read the error code stored which will give more of a clue to the problem.

Has any work just been done on the vehicle?

Hi guys

Thanks for your help so far.

The car is a 1999 T reg, which now has 85000 miles. I've bought it very cheap, since it was a stolen recovered vehicle (vintags copied and everything). It has a few light scrapes around all panels, and pretty dirty inside, so I can presume its been unloved for a few months ! Other than that, eveything else appears to work just fine.

I have a friend of a friend who believes he has a computer it can be plugged into to get fault codes and thats where it will go in the next couple of weeks, after it gets a couple of new number plates, some tyres etc.

The ABS light has went out a couple of times for a few minutes, but of late now stays on.

Thanks again

As an update, having given it a blast for 30 miles (seems to have been sitting for a number of weeks), the ABS light now seems to be off, but the other 2 warning lights stay on.

I am wondering if it is a sensor at the wheel.........

Also I only have one key for the car. Is it possible to take it to Lexus with proof of ownership and order another key ?

Cheers

Yes it could be a wheel sensor. Fault code should tell you.

Yes you can get a new key from Lexus. Cost about £150 for a master key and they will need to program the car to make it work - only takes 5 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...