Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Not Unlocking!

Hi all, first time post here, just found the forum today.

Went out last night in my 2002 IS200. Had trouble parking so ended up parking with the front end of the car on a speed ramp, back end pretty level on the road.

Came back to the car, and it wouldn't unlock with the remote. Red light on the key is bright so Battery should be ok (not sure how long it should last), never had a problem before, and ended up trying over and over, until eventually the car unlocked while I was standing by the boot.

I wondered if anyone knew if the problem could have been due to the front of the car being elevated, whethere any sort of anti-tilt device has kicked in, or whether it was just a coincidence.

Tried a load of times since I finally managed to move the car, and got 100% success rate, only happened on the incline.

Thanks for any advice

Adam

Welcome to the club :)

It happened twice on mine. It wasn't on incline but there was a radio/cellphone antenna not far away. I could lock the car bot the remote didn't unlock it. I had to use the key to open the car.

It looks like the unlock signal is corrupted by another one.

Thanks for all the replies guys....I just wondered if the incline had anything to do with it, but must just be coincidence.

I have ordered new batteries for all three keys, and will keep my fingers crossed :)

Out of interest, I tried to unlock the door using the key, the alarm went off and the doors stayed locked :(