Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharging

biker

hi, i'm thinking of having my is200 supercharged but i have a couple of questions,

1. how does it affect the resale value of the car?

2. Is it a good increase in performance for the money?

cheers chris

Yeah like Besty says it transforms the car, you still need to change the exhaust etc to get the best out of it though but I'll get there one day!

hi, i'm thinking of having my is200 supercharged but i have a couple of questions,

1. how does it affect the resale value of the car?

2. Is it a good increase in performance for the money?

cheers chris

Go on get it bought....... you know you wanna!! lol

If you don`t it will be eating away at you for ever and a day!!! lol

Just take it off?

What about the ECU? :o

remove it.

The whole kit can be removed, including the ECU piggyback, and I guess you would get at least half your money back selling it to another LOC member.

when are thinking of getting it ?

hoping to get it within the next couple of months....

Do TDI offer any GOLD discount on parts or labour, as theres a couple of other jobs i want doing at the sametime ie - pre-cat removal, hoses etc

Having spoken with my insurance company today and finding out that getting a s/c will only cost me an extra £90 (I am 6 months into my policy though), I am now seriously looking at getting one!

I have been given a fantastic quote for a brand new one, but its just out of my reach at the moment. Dont suppose anyone knows of someone selling one?

My other dilemma is finding somewhere near to me, to fit it! Anyone know a good reliable source in or around North Hampshire?

TDI have got them listed at £3000 +Vat making the purchase price £3525.

TDI will also charge up to £900 + Vat for the two days installation making the price £1057.50

Add the two together and it makes £4582.50. B)

(Have calculator will travel!) :zee:

Get saving.

Thats one question I was going to ask and I bet you all pee yaselves.... But, I am guessing the S/C voids your warranty?

Slightly offtopic, but I was thinking of getting a new warranty mine runs out in November, is it worth doing or is the warranty not worth the paper its written on?

Think the SC only voids the warranty on parts it directly affects, but in the case of a supercharger they could argue it affects pretty much everything. Might be worth speaking to the dealer to see what their view is?

if you have a basic mechanical knowledge and the normal hand tools available eg sockets/ratchets, allen keys, hammer etc then it is very easy to fit it yourself, the front bumper has to be removed but that it a quick job.

so remember fit it yourself in about 8 hrs( with coffee breaks) instead of upto 2 days and save yourself £1057.50 :excl::blink:

My local lexus dealer fitted mine (got enthusiastic mechanics) and charged me £929 all in including Vat. This also included removing the Pre Cats and getting a reputable local engineering firm to weld back the manifold. Been enjoying it ever since :)

Can't tell you mate, as I have never driven one with them still in. Suffice to say it will free up a few gee gees, and some members have reported the cats breaking up on supercharged cars that have them left in. That has not been the case on every one though.