Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From The Usa

Hi folks,

Some of you may remember me (Nige aka 'Snips'). I joined the club in 2003 and came along to few meets in my blue IS 200.

I disappeared from the scene at the end of last year when I decided to upsticks and relocate to Northern California. Unfortunately this meant selling my cherished IS 200 :crying:

Well, 5 months later, I'm now out in California, and just beginning to get settled. The relevant news is that I picked up a brand new IS 300 last week :D

Here's a link to my car in the LOC garage:

Nige's car in LOC garage

I'd always said that I'd jump at a manual IS 300 when I was in the UK, but in the end, with a longish commute I decided to do the American thing an opt for an auto. I'm looking forward to playing with the E-shift after I've taken it easy for the first 1000 miles.

The IS 300 is the only engine size available here, but with a different model range: manual, E-shift (which is the auto) and the Sportscross 'stationwagon' :whistling:

The manual is a 5-speed. I might have been more tempted if it was the 6-speed box used in the UK.

The sales guys here can't believe we have a 2 litre IS 200 in the UK, and then don't believe it's a 6-cylinder :duh:

Other odd differences:

The colours here are much more mundane, most people go for white, silver or black. There was a blue car available but the interior was a mish mash (cream half leather, black and silver dash). I went for a silver car with full black leather interior :ph34r:

On the subject of colours, the blue I saw was the 'old' Royal Sapphire Blue' (which I had in the UK) and not the newer dark blue that replaced the blue in the UK.

There's also a washed out metallic blue over here that looks absolutely dreadful - like a primer coat.

The door mirrors don't have electric folding - I don't know why but it seems a useful feature to drop from the US model.

There are far fewer accessories available so looks like I'll need to acquaint myself with TRD.

The IS here has additional side lights on the bumper corners. It also has DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), Volvo style. The rear boot fogs are also used as brake lights and rear lights so no 'rear fog conversion' required over here :)

Currently the car looks 'soft' and needs a little modding. I now need to resume my quest for some front corner spats, even if I have to pick some up next time I'm in the UK!

Hope you're all having fun back in Blighty.

Cheers,

Nige

:crying:

Hello Nige, how are you?

Glad to hear your still keeping within the Lexus family. Will you be joining up with the US Lexus Owners Club meets? B)

Nice photo's of your car. I had to edit your link to the garage as it wasn't working.... ;)

Hiya Nige, look like you having a great times out there in the US, glad you also got an IS300 now, have fun, and pop in and chat with us anytimes matey... B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)