Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Keys

I only got 2 with mine from Lexus Nottingham.

I've got the original master key and they ordered a new secondary full one - I haven't got a valet one at all - assume they mislaid it?

I got 2 - a full and Valet.

from new?

The problem with having only one master is if you lose it you have to replace part of the alarm as you cannot program another one without a master (most 2001+ models can be programmed at a dealer without a master, not sure about the IS200). So instead of costing £150 for a new key it costs much more.

do the keys get charged when they're in the ignition? does that mean i should occasionally use the spares to ensure that they don't die?

no they dont get charged - u need to change the Battery for them to continue to work

I had a spare key made for my van yesterday with the chip in it for immobiliser for £25 quid ,bloke in the shop said he can do lexus one s for same price .had been told previously that you had to go to main dealer for these keys :question: ,apparently most good key places can do these now at much lower cost than lexus :)

this is one thing that BM has over on us, their current cars recharge the key, and when booked in service, the current mileage is recorded in the key!

In case my earlier question sounded a little stupid, that's why i asked :P

With my 2 keys i also got a lil metal numbered tag, i thought this could be used in case of a lost master?

think ill ask the dealers. :ph34r:

I had a spare key made for my van yesterday with the chip in it for immobiliser for £25 quid ,bloke in the shop said he can do lexus one s for same price .had been told previously that you had to go to main dealer for these keys :question: ,apparently most good key places can do these now at much lower cost than lexus :)

I think it depends on the type of chip in the key. I once had a 99 Subaru Impreza Turbo with only one key and I tried one of those key cutting shops for a spare. The guy there put my key into some kind of chip reading machine and said that this type of key had what I think he called a "Crypto Chip" and it could not be copied.

So in the end I had to buy one from Subaru which set me back around £120 at the time :crybaby: