Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi -

I'm new to the forum (and site) and I'm looking to buy a GS 300 Sport (Mk1). I did have a SC400 (Soarer) last year but it was written off as someone drove into it. I now need something bigger and a GS fits the bill.

Ideally I'm looking for a black one with black leather, no more than 120K with history (inc timing belts etc, etc). It must have the sport 18" wheels and ideally privacy glass.

Any tips on buying such a car would also be much appreciated - things to look out for / best year / known problems / etc, etc.....

I would also appreciate a realistic view on fuel comsumtion - I've been quoted as much as 27 mpg and as little as 17 mpg. Obviously its depends on the driving style but I'm looking for an average.

I appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,

Simon

I've been averaging 270 miles on a bad week and 300 miles on a good week for petrol consumption. Not sure what that works out mpg - but I run it on Optimax rather than bog-standard unleaded.

I would say watch out for damage on the front spoiler/lip on the sport and just generally quality of paintwork/wheels etc. I imagine on a car with the mileage you're looking at may have a few corrosion marks on the alloys but that's about it really. Someone more technical on here will advise on what to look for mechanically I suspect!

Happy hunting!

for a sport you might need to go more than 6k.. try and float near the 7k mark

Black rocks too... I get alot of people look at mine... especially when its just been polished!

series I has a 5l bigger fuel tank and you can let the series II fuel gauge go through the red and out the other side and still be 10l short of it's capacity so you normally only ever put in 60-65l.