Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 S/c Vs Is 300

rakesh

Hi all,

I am in a dilemma whether to supercharge my IS 200 or buy an IS300.

Various factors come into account- fitting a supercharger, insurance costs.

Still not able to decide on which one?

that be me then..lol

well depends what you are looking for,, if you want that " hey look at my motor ive got a little something under my hood" then a s/c is the way..and certainly makes the 200 engine bay look the part with all that tubing and hosing etc... then the only other engine mod from there would be some Nos.

HOWever,, with the 300 you already have the same BHP as the s/c 200. and the engine bay is nicely filled.. you can also add s/c and turbos, (damn insurance wouldnt let me)just look over on the is300.net and you wil see they ALL have done this and are running an average of 400 RWBHP.. and with the current exchange rate your get more bang for your bucks than the 200.

you can of course add some nos, which i have done..

as for the auto versus manual, well this is the first car ive ever owned with an auto and i like it.. obviously i would still prefer the manual but hey aint no thang,, you have the tiptonic to play with and i sometimes use for the engine braking you only get with a manual, you also got hte sport button to hold the revs and change up/down quicker, AND you can also do some power brake starts,, very good for that off the line first thing (just learning this one) plus you got the full leather, HID's cruise control

i say get the 300 perhaps at a meet we can get you in both and see what you like.

I think my IS200 SC is ace but it's getting near it's max potential without some serious engine work - if you want a proper animal the IS300 is the way to go, unless you go down the route Mat C did and go with the engine transplant? Serious animal!

Saying that I love the noise my IS200 makes with the SC fitted - sounds like she's gonna take off when you boot it - did exactly that on the way home last night and a couple of people walking home stopped and turned around to see exactly what was coming for them!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I am not concerned about what is under the hood, but how it performs on the road. As Fargo said. IS 300 has more options of modding.

I have driven the IS300 but not the IS200s/c. Matbe I will come to one of the meets and get a chance.

I have driven manuals all this time but I wouldnt mind an auto.

Hmmm.... This is pushing me seriously towards the 300 side.

lets not forget, if you buy a s/c new and err legit your looking at 3k +vat and fitting..

So if you aint bought the car yet then then that extra, nearly 4k would get you a 300 on top of what you would be paying for a 200..

I already have an IS200 sport.

My plan was to trade in and get an IS300/ to S/C the car.

Mine is a 2001 Y reg.

How much do you reckon I will lose out when I trade in the car?

dunno what your loose,

i would suggest contacting Simon at lexus edinburgh, he will give you a good deal..thats where i got my 300 from, and i live near heathrow so must of been a good'n for me to travel that far..