TonyGoose

Not Lexus But Just As Classy.

mmmm......linn stuff

very nice :)

why you selling ?? :huh:

mmmm......linn stuff

very nice :)

why you selling ?? :huh:

Replaced the 'Classik' with a 'Classik Movies DI' B)

you posh git tony! :D

I won a Linn Classik with some Linn floorstanders (I forget which ones) off a competition that XFM was running a few years back. :D

:) I am presently running a combination of Krell / The Standard (DVD ), Lexicon Decoder, Parasound 5 x 500wts rms multich'l amp , Nack' x 2 cass decks all ending in Pro-Ac Response 1S speakers with 500wt Rel sub & Boston THX rears... with aprox 3000 wts on hand this system rocks. If you get a chance to play with the "Krell / The Standard DVD" go for it

:winky:

you posh git tony! :D

:lol: B)

Just a spot of 'retail therapy' after finding myself single again recently :crybaby:

As well as the classic movies, picked up a 'sizmik' sub... gotta love that name :D

Already got a 'centrik' centre channel speaker with a 55kg Loewe tv stood on it.

(the TV was retail therapy last time round :lol::lol: )

'Keilidh' floor standers on Ku-Stone bases for the main front speakers.

And some small.... missions (shhh, embarrased whisper) for the rear.

Gotta haul the lounge carpet up some time to hook it all together ...

Funny really coz i don't watch many films :blink: Best i start soon :)

ahhh so thats where you dissapeared to then Tony.. had not seen you around much... women eh?

Pfffffffffffffff ...... "LINN" ! Binatone turntable (still plays 78s) Alba tape deck ! and speakers from the flea market ! NOW thats the way foward ! !!!!!

Tony,

That should fly mate, I sold my Linn kit on ebay before Christmas and people were fighting for it :-) Moved across to Cyrus, total change in sound, but all Cyrus was best way for me, Cyrus 8 Amp, CD7Q, bi-amped with Smart Powers and PSXR's on all, linked to Imerge Soundserver distributing to Patio area and all bedrooms (Nice touch!!!), main audio speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8i, and then topped of with a Gyro Deck Turntable - sweet mate, sweet!!!!

Rich

Audiophiles the lot of you :winky:

There could be worse things to be called ;-)

If anyone wants any HIFI stuff, like speaker cables, Interconnects, ect. or Imerge soundserver stuff or in-wall + ceiling speakers or anything a bit out of the ordinary (rock shaped outdoor speakers!) then PM me. I can get a lot of this stuff through a supplier that my shop deals with. I think they do LINN even, not sure!

I work in a Sony shop, so can get most Sony stuff (not in-car!), but also other manufacturers of accessories like the stuff above.

B)

B) Well, if we're talking BIG hi-fi....I run a pair of Klipschorns in my basement. These are HUGE -but domestic- full range horns (the bass cabinet alone is 12 cubic feet) and, as someone remarked the other day (having not heard them since 1985, but still in awe!) 'those things were visceral!'

Horns are probably the most pure sound you can get; no distortion; wonderfully efficient (only need 10 watts to make your ears bleed cos they're 110db/watt, which, in case you don't know, is 10 to 15 times more efficient than normal, that's incremental. A bit like comparing a mini to a L:s400?)

I have a picture somewhere of a huge pair I put in the back of a Dyane once....but that's another story!

Klipschs are the size of cupboards, which is why they're in the basement. I use Townshend Glastonburys in my living room with a customised CD player (extra power supplies and a custom d/a converter etc...)

BUT...my interest in really good hi-fi is one reason why I have the LS400; because it has a great sound system!

The (apochryphal?) story is that Mark levinson turned down several manufacturers who wanted his stuff in their limos, because he's a sound perfectionist. Only Lexus 400s were good enough aurally inside inhis opinion to warrant having his equipment in them! (this is a man whose Amps, for example retail at £10k+! etc!)

End of topic?

Sign in to follow this