Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE Compressor / Hi-Octane Gas

Does the TTE Compressor require higher octane (higher than 95) gas? I think I've read somewhere that 99-octane must be used, is it so? Why?

This may be a stupid question but I will ask because I am stupid and know nothing about the cars:

Does 98-octane gas give you more HP/Torque than 95-octane on standard IS200?

A higher octane fuel prevents detonation.

Detonation can kill an engine.

Does this mean only for supercharged? Mine is tuned for 100 octane in Japan but i run on 95 oct... is this gonna kill my motor? :o

Actually it would not kill the engine, it is just that the car has less torque and after some time the engine begins to clock, and makes some noices especially if you drive in a high gear at a low speed. You can get away from clocking by cleaning the engine. There are some liquid available onthe market which you could use to clean your engine. Before you go for an inspection you have to add that liquid in the tank of your car and it will clean up your engine totally. The the clocking must be gone. However, if you have some octane booster in the trunk then it should be able to compensate the 95 Octane....but certainly that is not the cheapest solution you rather fuel your car with 98 and do not fuel your car on no branded gas station. Especially in Germany you will experience higher fuel consumption and less power....Optimax is very good and also Petrol from ESSO.

A higher octane fuel prevents detonation.

Detonation can kill an engine.

Does this mean only for supercharged? Mine is tuned for 100 octane in Japan but i run on 95 oct... is this gonna kill my motor? :o

Does your filler cap say something about Super Unleaded? If it does, you should be using higher octane stuff over here. I guess the Windom is an NA engine, so it'll be less sensitive to it's fuel grade. There some evidence to suggest that running your car on Euro Super Unleaded (Optimax is getting some good comments) will improve the performance and consumption enough to outweigh the cost implications (Optimax is 5p a litre more than UL)