Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Superchargers

Gord

are 100% sure baz? cos i have loads of anti tamper torx bits and all are 6 point and have a hole in the middle for the "post", couldnt find anything that had 5 points , did a big search on the net also, but if you have some bits to fit the 5 point anti tamper screw let me know where u got them as ill order some.

torx variations

:)

yep, thats it- just found it is called a "torx PLUS" now how come i couldnt find that earlier hmmmmffffffff. :angry: ah well i just cut a small slot in mine and replaced them with a normal philips screw.

on water or oil but u get full inst/pics as well u do need to know some mechanical skills as it helps you along the ecu was a pig to get into it (the 4 screws holding metal plate over the top)

Yep you need a tork screwdriver(anti tamper)

its not even an anti tamper torx screw - torx has six points - the screws holding the metal plate on that is over the ECU is a five point bit.

Have to disagree as my mate who works for snap-on got one for a member so he could fit the ECU. :winky:

if anyone wants one i can sup/fit for about £3250

gordon, do you mean YOU or Lexus Stockport?

me £3250 lexus stockport £3525

care to share how you can get it cheaper than the dealer? (by pm if you prefer :winky: )

i would imagine on the labour side ;)

i would imagine on the labour side  ;)

I thought of that, but that means Lexus are only charging for about 3 man hours for fitting?

didn't sound right to me.

supplied price £2650

fitted price £3525

lexus labour

£875

about 8-10 hours

G D H

labour £600

...... i think ;)

GGH - £3250

Lexus - £3525

thats only £275 difference.

lexus labour

£875

about 8-10 hours

assume 10 hours for a conservative estimate of Lexus labour charge, thats £87.5 per hour.

difference between GGH and Lexus is therefore about 3 hours labour - so can't be the explanation as to how gordon can get them cheaper? :unsure:

GGH - £3250

Lexus - £3525

thats only £275 difference.

lexus labour

£875

about 8-10 hours

assume 10 hours for a conservative estimate of Lexus labour charge, thats £87.5 per hour.

difference between GGH and Lexus is therefore about 3 hours labour - so can't be the explanation as to how gordon can get them cheaper? :unsure:

i think the difference is in what GGH is charging to fit them himself

ie: GGH is charging £275 less labour

and no VAT i presume

the initial cost of the unit is the same

i think :yawn:

i think the difference is in what GGH is charging to fit them himself

ie: GGH is charging £275 less labour

and no VAT i presume

the initial cost of the unit is the same

i think :yawn:

no disrespect intended gordon :)

but, surely it would be worth the extra £275 (I make that roughly 9% extra), to have it dealer fitted especially if having it dealer fitted leaves all the warranties intact (this is a question you could find out for us Gordon?).

thinking about it - if this is fitted by a Lexus Dealer - surely it cannot possibly invalidate any warranties, in any way?

Surely Lexus cannot break their own warranty when fitting parts - especially when they are charging you for the privilege as well. :unsure:

well it all started when i joined loc i wanted a s/c but by chance a got one for the sum of £1500 yes £1500 cash from lexus but only by chance as i said,yes my best mate fitted it for me as he has a small garage(me/him fitted)my car went into lexus stockport for warranty work with s/c fitted Q was asked where it came from,told them lexus ,after long talk with graham at lexus stockport phone calls to lexus GB he rang me with fitting price(but i must say this if your engine was to **** up (big bang its tuff)as lexus GB wont cover the engine ask lexus stockport dont take my word. matthew lexus stockport do give 10-15% to gold aswell with chris gone from his job this mite be an opening for the club as graham is keen to get are members to use lexus stockport. the price of me fitting the s/c is cheaper yes but my mate fitting them not me, i do not stand to make any money out of this,only my mate as he has small garage to run,lexus stockport can get the s/c cheaper than me so thats the diff in price. but and only but i am trying to get the s/c at a cheaper price than £2650 if i can, i will offer at the price i get them for + the fitting, at this point i will say that the price that i have been told is £600 cheaper than £2650, at that price you will see how lexus stockport can fit them for £3525 .as i said i dont want to make anything out of this just want all you lot to get s/c at the right price, if you want to fit them yourself no prob ,you get them at the price i get them for, i will keep you up to date with this

on water or oil but u get full inst/pics as well u do need to know some mechanical skills as it helps you along the ecu was a pig to get into it (the 4 screws holding metal plate over the top)

Yep you need a tork screwdriver(anti tamper)

its not even an anti tamper torx screw - torx has six points - the screws holding the metal plate on that is over the ECU is a five point bit.

Have to disagree as my mate who works for snap-on got one for a member so he could fit the ECU. :winky:

do you mean that you got the 5 pointed "torx plus " tool from snap on

OR the screws that were on the cover plate that u needed the tool for were 6 pointed torx?

mine were the 5 pointed torx plus, and so had difficulty getting a bit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links