Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Front Drive Belt

norkep

On the way into work this morning, I work in Luton but live in MK, came off the M1 @ J12, turn left and at that point the was a major knock form the engine bay and then lost all power steering, power from the engine but the engine stayed running but was a tad bit noiser than normal. :unsure::unsure:

Had a look and on the front Drive Belt that runs the Power Steering, Air-con, Altinator and something else, it's the something else that has broken off, the pully is now on my desk, was able to limp into work slowly. :crybaby:

Does anyone have any ideas what this pully does as it's not doing it's job anymore. I have power steering but the belt tensioner is not quite enough to keep the belt tight any more.

I'm hoping to drop the motor of to the garage tonight, (the one that import these in), let them tell more the good news that it's an easy repair but not holding my breath. :crybaby:

Can anyone tell me what this pully may do, it's located at the bottom of the engine. It still turns but not smoothly.

BR

Paul

Had a mechanic look at her, it's the cam pully that has come away, not sure how it did this while leaving the belt intact. The car can be driven but needs to be very carefull during driving - ie - not sudden acceration.

Looking at the pully, there appears to be a clutch like material on the inside of the pully.

Hopefully will not be long before she running like a dream again.

BR

Paul