Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Disc & Pad Matching

petejenkin

Im considering changing my discs front and rear. Is it necessary to match discs to pads, for example EBC Discs = EBC Pads, Mintex Discs = Mintex Pads etc, or can you mix and match as you like.

Ive ordered some EBC Green Stuff Pads but Ive noticed my fron discs and slightly worn, and might get some new cross drilled/grooved ones.

Its maybe a stupid question, but then again I am a little stupid sometimes.

Can anyone suggest a good quality disc?

I really like DBA discs - they look nice and stop the car well.

I've tried EBC discs too - and they're fine.

I'd advise getting EBC discs if you're going to use EBD pads though, as EBC pads seems to wear very quickly indeed if not used with EBC discs.

yep, i'd say the same, as i had 3 sets of EBC disks, as the first 2 sets warped, but on the 3rd set i changed the disks and the pads and all went well for a bit, then as Mr Fargo says, noisy as hell when they settle in..

So now i've got the DBA front and rear with Mintex Pads.. no problem so far.. bit of dust but not as bad as the standard setup..

Ive just got off the phone with TDI about the DBA Discs. They dont have any in stock at the minute. apparently there is no recognised importer of the DBA Discs in the UK!! (now theres a business opportunity for someone!!)

They can get them but I have to wait......

I hate waiting , I feel sick if I have to wait for stuff :sick: maybe its cos ive been spoilt.......

Does anybody know of anywhere that stocks them?

I had the same situation recently. Warped disks and wanted to upgrade.

Decided on DBA Silverfish disks and even ended up talking directly to the sole UK Importer (a man called Tony Mason) as advertised on the DBA disks site.

Apparently he used to be an employee of the UK importers and has now bought the rights to set up on his own but is taking some time getting the paperwork sorted. :duh:

Anyway he did tell me over the phone that they have stopped manufacturing the front Gold DBA disks and they wouldn't be available any more! :ohmy:

Ended up getting Black Diamond disks whichc have only been on a week but seem okay so far (not worn in yet)! Put off a little by the Max Power logos all over the box! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links