Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Windows

:duh:

I realised the other day (don't have the car very long) that if you take the keys from the ignition and then realise you have left a window open you have to switch back on the ignition to close it !!!! Even if you start closing the drivers window automatically and remove the key it won't continue to close...........

My 2001 base model Avensis let you close the windows / sunroof with no keys in the ignition once you hadn't opened the drivers door !!

I would have expected that Lexus being Toyota derived would certainly have had this on a 2003 IS200.

Shame on you Lexus!

What's everybody elses' pet hates?

Full closure thread

Pete "scoprion" and Dean "Dpk" have come up with a system that closes the windows, sunroof and wingmirrors off the key fob.

I'm not sure if this is still happening? but tere were some of us up for having this installed... Though some people were cautious of having this fitted due to any strain placed on the windows

As for standard... Theres nowt we can do about it! :crybaby:

Have to agree on the dirt trap dash tray Whitie...........

:o Another one is after locking the doors when driving, when you go to get out the drivers door only should unlock when you use the handle (Mitsi Carisma can do it why can't Lex?) so that you don't have to go looking for the button and you don't unlock all the other doors (I'm thinking kids in the rear etc when I stop fiddling with my get and get around to having some!!) :)

As for the whole carrier bag sewn into the rear seat instead of a 60/40 split ?? What's that all about? :crybaby::crybaby:

:duh:

I realised the other day (don't have the car very long) that if you take the keys from the ignition and then realise you have left a window open you have to switch back on the ignition to close it !!!! Even if you start closing the drivers window automatically and remove the key it won't continue to close...........

My 2001 base model Avensis let you close the windows / sunroof with no keys in the ignition once you hadn't opened the drivers door !!

I would have expected that Lexus being Toyota derived would certainly have had this on a 2003 IS200.

Shame on you Lexus!

What's everybody elses' pet hates?

Mine has a 45 sec delay, after key off the drivers window still works one shot up for up to 45 secs.

As for the whole carrier bag sewn into the rear seat instead of a 60/40 split ?? What's that all about? :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Is yours sewn in mine has a zip for easy removal, it's for 'Ski's' or long pieces wood, came in really handy last week when I had to pick up half dozen 8ftx6inch lenght's from the local builder merchants, as for split rear seats didn't you read the spec before you brought your car

My pet hates:

1. That the spare wheel is upside down so to check pressure you need to take it out to access the valve.

2. Location of coolant level window

3. Volume knob on the right

4. Wing mirrors move at different speeds

<snip>

4. Wing mirrors move at different speeds

Mine don't? :blink:

Pet hates - Boot release is for too violent for my liking, keep thinking the boot lid will fly off when I press the button! :duh:

Despit these gripes i love the car:

- the toyota Yaris type ignition key that is very weak plastic

- no axial steering wheel adjustment

- no lumbar seat adjustment

- no way to disable the passenger side airbag for child seat (lots of cars have that option)

- boot lid hinges are not state of the art, they crush your luggage. Other car manufacturers got this right 10 years before the IS was launched.

- ridiculously weak sounding horn.

RX-Men-8

Pete "scoprion" and Dean "Dpk" have come up with a system that closes the windows, sunroof and wingmirrors off the key fob.

I'm not sure if this is still happening? but tere were some of us up for having this installed... Though some people were cautious of having this fitted due to any strain placed on the windows

There is no problem with added strain on the window/motor,as its been discussed b4 we've had 2 years of trials with different operating systems and both are still working fine.

- the toyota Yaris type ignition key that is very weak plastic

This has got me thinking - how many IS bits are from other models ?

I recognise the indicator stalks and mirror adjustment switches from Avensis and fuel gauge from Corolla.

What else is there ?

Pet hates...

Only auto-up/down on drivers window (my SLC had auto-up/down on ALL windows!)

Clunky 2nd gear (unless you're prepared to wait for the revs to drop before changing from 1st to 2nd).

No inside temperature gauge (my SLC had this too!).

That darn MPG meter - it seems to always be closer to 0 than it is to 80 :whistling: :winky:

Still a fantastic car though, love the way it glides along the motorways, how solid it feels, and I'm finally starting to really enjoy the handling and performance now. You definitely have to be a bit more heavy footed to get a bit of pace out of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links