Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Badge Issues

DJZ

:tsktsk:

Before I go out and buy another gryphon can anyone tell me which is the best 'L' badge to get i.e. one that covers all the holes (ideally). Alternatively maybe someone knows where I can get a cheap gryphon. I don't want to put an L on really, but fully expect to lose anything else I put on. Maybe the answer is a Skoda badge as suggested on another post!

I would love a gold plated gryphon, but its a massive risk as you have found out:(

If you wan't 'L's, then you need to order a std front and large rear from an SC430.

Definately SC430 large rear, but Steve can confirm the front is from an SC430 (if you can please Steve:p ).

Just make sure to electrify the badges. Hehe

Yeah I put a standard 'L' on the back as soon as I got it 4 years ago (had to put a little rubber plug over the hole that gets left). I like the fact that the gryphon is a one off, but suspect thats why it has been pinched! The last gryphon was gold from Midas cost under £50, now they don't seem to sell them whilst the Lexus Soarer owners club charges £39 (all in) for a normal one. I will probably end up getting that, but wanted to investigate the 'L' options. Does anyone know if the SC430 'L' leaves any holes in the front? Infact, does the big back badge still leave that one hole in the back?

Thanks

The L on the front of mine left a hole , As my one was white I went to a local company and got some white vinyl then I can it to the size of the badge then stuck the vinyl and badge on the bonnet. It was a little off colour but better than holes. Might be a bit harder with a metallic green/Blue but still worth a try.

Galee

Hi Neil

Is that the 20th of June? I assume so! I may well be....I think I have the weekend off anyway:)

So what times are you aiming for now? (after its finished at least!)

I may give you a run for your money once I have my supercharger fitted :D OK, I'm only dreaming at the moment, but it could become a 400Bhp reality :lol:

I'm not even going to guess at a time, but 400 at the wheels is looking like a safe bet. As I haven't driven the car for 7 months, I think it will scare the life out of me, or at least require a change of underware!!!!!!!!!!!

Badly, one month just lead to the next, and then you realise how much time it has spent in bits. Never get involed in tuneing cars, if you use it on a regular basis. :P I just hope I can pick it up next week, because after that I'm on holiday for a week, and won't have much chance to drive it before Santa pod. If the cars running as expected I will be at TOTB in August, which I'm really looking forward to :D

Now i've seen the chrome griffin on Tifbitz...mmmmmm...very nice! I think I'll just wait till i move house and get one of those instead! Anyone got one and managed to keep it on their bonnet? :D

This is a stupid question, but is it the same size? :yawn:

No its a little bigger than than the standard griffin.

BTW my original griffin got stolen, I replaced it with a goldplated griffin from midas which has been ok for over 6 months now. Personally I prefer having a griffin at the front but everyone has their own tastes!

My Midas gold plated griffin lasted about a year, which I suppose isnt bad. Its just a pain to keep replacing them! Come on someone out there must have fitted the Tifbitz 'Biggun", any pics?

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an IS200 front badge from Lexus Isleworth for £5.60!!!!!!!!!! Much cheaper than a Griffin! The SC430 rear badge was £25 which put me off as my current one leaves just one hole in it that I have put a rubber bung in.