Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheres The Oil Filter?

hertsALTEZZAcol

Very hard to see it mate... if you look at the block, it is to the right hand side of it, between the exhaust manifold and bottom pulley...good luck in your search...

You can JUST ABOUT see it if you look down from as near to the windscreen on the passenger side as possible.... good luck in your search... :duh:

If you need any more help finding it give me a ring... 07788 744174

OK Ta,

Havent looked yet.

Leaving it for the weekend.

When I change my oil, I have always liked to spend a few quid on a brand new sump plug and washer for the sake of doing so.

(I guess the UK IS200 sump plug will be the same, or maybe there is a cheaper "toyota" part number? Where were alkl those part numbers listed on this site?)

yeah.

mine not visible from above.

A phone call to a very helpful LEXUS HATFIELD service dept on SATURDAY MORNING.

Result, have to take off the front underengine tray. Then can find it set back from the Alternator (I think its the alternator) Hidden behind a mainframe, solid looking structutre beam piece holding the weight of the engine and gearbox

OK - silly question but does the panel have to come off for a std UK IS200 ?

If so the dealer has never changed my filter cos I taped the screw heads over and the tape is still there ... :ph34r:

OK - silly question but does the panel have to come off for a std UK IS200 ?

If so the dealer has never changed my filter cos I taped the screw heads over and the tape is still there ... :ph34r:

silly question, but why did you tape the screws over :yawn:

One of them was almost stripping its thread so I tightened it as best I could and taped the head over just in case it tried to escape - then thought what the heck and did the others ...

Now going to make the filter before its next service and have a look straight after - hope I'm mistaken on this one or I will go ballistic (4k to go so watch this space).