Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mobile?

rajesh

Hi all.

Its that time again to upgrade my mobile phone.......

i want something to go with my Green Lexus

- cool looking in the car

- blue-tooth

- alrounder

- easy to hold

i need idears......too many to choose from......... :whistling:

Yes - you are right saw Sony P900 offers ........£20!!

silly price but.....some are paying and hopeing.......

i like the sony P900 & the Nokia 6230 -

it looks like all the new phones are going mad on the Cam/Video......

Just been looking at ebay, there are a couple of items on there which says "contacts given to let you buy phones at stupidly low prices"...

... Whats thats all about, seems like a con to me!

yeah, like this.. very confusing until you get to the bottom and read 'this is not for a phone, but info...'

BTW, i want a Nokia 6230..

Ive got the Nokia 8910i like Zee, its really bling, black Titanium Case which the phone slides out from automatically when you push the buttons on the side. Looks good in a car holder. the only trouble is, there aint many gadgets on the phone, only Bluetooth.

Ive also got a Nokia 6820 which is well nice, poly ringtones, colour screen, video and photo, Bluetooth and an ace keypad which folds over to provide a full QWERTY keyboard for texting or playing the games.

Ive got 5 contract phones all of which are upgradeable after 6 months so I get the top phones all the time.

Nokia have just released their first flip-phone, I cant remember what the model number is, but Im getting misses one, they have a cushioned case and lots of extras apparently.

P900 ! ITS WHAT I USE AND ITS THE DOGS ! YOU CAN - WATCH FILMS , PLAY MP3s , SURF THE NET , PICK UP YOUR E-MAILS ! TOUCH SCREEN , GAMES TO DIE FOR , IT A WINNER ! .................. OHH AND YOU CAN MAKE A PHONE CALL TOO !

As a mobile phone test engineer :whistling: I would say it depends how desperate you are for a new phone. What with the 3G network up and running, the latest phones have been rushed out to get it up and running. If you can wait till Xmas or so, trust me you will see some VERY good phones.

However, if you cant wait then I would suggest looking at "3" network, they are offering stupid amounts of free calls and txt messages at the moment. (Something to bear in mind with 3G phones, the ones available at the moment have a crap Battery life, but it IS getting better.) Or Vodafone are offering free calls all weekend.

At the end of the day, each phone has its good and bad points, you just have to decide what functions you want from a phone and go from there.... Once you know which one you want, just go to a search engine on the web and search for reviews on that phone. Always good to see what other people make of the phone, plus and minus points.

Personally I have a Sharp GX20 and am going to be going for the GX30. And before anyone asks, I dont work for a manufacturer, I work for a Test House, where the manufacturers come for compliance testing. :zee:

thanks for all your great remarks.........

reviews are great in a way - but coz there are so many phones -

its hard.........

my Bro love Nokia - next phone 6230 - i find that phone

nothing new accept the Cam.....

Sharp - like Nick noted have to see......also might wait until Dec....

hope my son can wait too ( after my phone on PAYG )...

Sony Ericsson T630 - the new and improved version of the already excellent and very popular T610.

Seconded, although my sony ericsson P900 looks great (with it's blue keypad) with the blue lights of my SE Bluetooth car kiot also!

Assigning a picture to a contact makes it much safer seeing who is calling when driving also!