Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mobile?

rajesh

Sony Ericsson T630 - the new and improved version of the already excellent and very popular T610.

hopefully they have improved the fact that you cant see whats on the screen unless you are in a darkened room :crybaby:

had a 6600 nokia since christmas

brilliant phone,plays mp3's as ringtones, videos, can have **** loads programs put into it, eg can be used as universal remote control for TV,sky,dvd players etc

camera and video camera excellent quality

As I write software for mobile phones I get to play with lots of different kinds. The two which I've been most impressed with are:

Nokia 6600

Sony Ericsson P900

and i now use the P900 as my daily phone. I like the fact i can sync my calendar, phone book etc with my apple Mac using Bluetooth. If you've got a Mac there is also a great app called Sailing Clicker that allows you to use the phone as a remote control for the iTunes music app - it automatically mutes the music when a phone call comes in!

Camera wise; I'm not convinced that any of the phones take a decent picture unless the light is very good. I prefer to use a digital camera and would only use the phone as a last resort. However, i think the 6600 has the better camera; haven't checked the technical specs but it does seem to take better pictures.

On the horizon is the Z1010 which I'm currently testing and have to say that if you like the Z600 (clam-shell) then you'll gonna love the Z1010. The phone looks and feels great and has two cameras to allow you to make video phone calls. The user interface is also much improved with some really swish graphics.

scott i saw that z1010 before christmas but no1 knows wen its out, any ideas?

mitch, I think you're looking at possibly another 2-3 months. We're still getting firmware updates.

It is nice, I'll probably get one myself if it can be used on a non-3g network.

Well sorry to put a dampner on all this talk but I would advise avoiding Nokia now. I love Nokia phones they are great and simple to use but I had the 8310 worst phone ever I got through 5 in 18 months that is how reliable they are. I changed it to 6100 last August and since February had nothing but problems, calls dropping, no longer charging in the car kit (orange are adament the phone is not at fault), the phone is tempramental and does not always ring / vibrate. The phone also has been on extremly volume caused by it self for some reason. From what I gather Nokia are no longer as reliable as they used to be.

Personally I am looking at some of the new motorola or Sony Ericsson. Can not be any worse!

Well sorry to put a dampner on all this talk but I would advise avoiding Nokia now. I love Nokia phones they are great and simple to use but I had the 8310 worst phone ever I got through 5 in 18 months that is how reliable they are. I changed it to 6100 last August and since February had nothing but problems, calls dropping, no longer charging in the car kit (orange are adament the phone is not at fault), the phone is tempramental and does not always ring / vibrate. The phone also has been on extremly volume caused by it self for some reason. From what I gather Nokia are no longer as reliable as they used to be.

Personally I am looking at some of the new motorola or Sony Ericsson. Can not be any worse!

i would avoid the sony ones,the signal on them is crap,just advice anyway,i got a new one last month,took it back cause of signal. :)

Got an XDA II and a P900

Both are good handsets but...

if you want a phone that has a bit of pda then go for a p900

if you want a pda which has a bit of a phone then go for the XDA II

There is a ton of software on the net for both phones so you can customise them both heavilly. But in my mind the XDA wins it hands down as it is a PocketPC

One thing to do is just go to the forums for each handset you want to look at and read some of the posts.

Also I would avoid 3/hutchinson like the plague but thats another story when I am a tad more sober lol!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links