Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headunits!?!?!

mark_cardiff

Im flying to hong kong in a couple of weeks to look at what cars are they to import for myself and was wondering whether or not i am able to use any of the ICE (ie. head units, touch screen dvds etc...) if i buy it from there? I can understand the Sat Nav not working, but wha bout the rest? Any ideas?

I know the cd players/HU work fine. The text comes up in english as well. In terms of dvd players and screens, I woul d have thought they would be the same. Tell them you are bringing it back to uk and ask if they should work. I know my parents bought a panasonic one (few years back now) and they said that if there were any problems to take it back next time they were there (I think they assumed they went back to HK often! :)

I take it you live in cardiff? Where abouts? As my fmaily live in Bridgend and my wifey studied in cardiff!

Yeh i was planning to ask them, but just in case they weren't too sure!

I go back to HK very often, and have seen loads of brits n italians buying stuff from the ICE shops, so im guessing it should be fine! Its just Japan stuff that doesnt work i think

I am in Cardiff...pretty much near the city centre, just a 5min walk from town! In uni at cardiff as a matter of fact!

The Kingdom of Cardiff, great place to live. What colour car you driving mate, any extras to look out for, i will keep my eyes open as i only live 2 minutes from the city centre myself. I notice a growing number of lexus owners living in and around Cardiff. Does anyone no how the negotiations are going with Lexus Cardiff for any discount. I no the question as been asked in gold.

I go back to HK very often, and have seen loads of brits n italians buying stuff from the ICE shops, so im guessing it should be fine!

make sure you get an english manual with your goods :huh::huh::unsure::wacko::blink: :duh: :winky:

Yeh, well ive got a car in HK and ive installed a basic ice set up in that and it comes with international warranties and english manuals, so it should be fine!

I havent got my Altezza yet, but im going to HK to see if i can pick one up there, or at least see what they got to offer!

Altezzas from HK? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more choice to get one from Japan? I'm assuming the middleman will have made their cut exporting to HK and then to UK.

What is it you enjoy about the whole process? Getting all the documents and finding a reputable garage to get it through the ESVA? Or is it just the fact you get loads of choice :)

For me definitely the latter except I hate the long the wait........

There are a lot of Altezzas in HK, in fact tthey out number the is200/300, so im sure there will be plenty of choice!

im not particularly looking forward to gettin all the paper work n all that done, but i have only seen one altezza here for sale in the spec i want, so i thought id get more of a choice over in HK.

I was just thinking of getting a company to carry out the necessary work to pass the test and register it!?!?!