Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Group Buy

Steve

[

1) How does it effect my Lexus warranty? My car is on a W plate, I bought it last Nov and was given a years warranty with it.

2) I have heard others says other parts need to be changed (something about the pre-cat?). Is this true? If so, how much is it to have these done?

3) Where do I sign? LoL  :zee:

At that price, be stupid not too be interested....  :whistling:

1. wait till your warrenty runs out........TTE themselves only offer a 1 year warrenty on the supercharger, if fitted aftermarket. LGB do not warrenty the engine with the supercharger fitted

2. the return spring, needs replacing, as for the pre-cats , it is recomended that the latest revision silver ecu is installed, and that the all steel cats are installed, or at least have the pre-cats removed.

3. wherever there being sold @ a good price!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments guys, good and bad, none of which were entirely unexpected.

This deal came about because we are now able to offer a better price on the kits than was previously available to us, when bought in larger quantities.

A similar situation arises when buying a PC, car, TV or whatever. People normally buy what they want when they want it, and accept the risk that the price may go up or down after they have paid. That is the commercial reality of buying any product and I have suffered myself due to this factor.

After this deal (if it happens), the price may go down again in the future or it may go up (which is more likely). I don't know what the answer is as this is speculation on the future.

I am sorry for anyone that has not bought a system through a GB or has paid a higher price in a previous GB, but would it be fair to other people to withhold potential savings from other people? I don't think it would but respect your right to an alternative view.

We normally expect to spend between 1 and 1.5 days to do a nice installation. I have seen installations that were supposedly done quicker, that I personally (taking my TDi hat off) would not have been happy with but accept that different people have different expectations.

We normally expect to take 5-6 hours to do a nice job of a decat (if the supercharger is already fited) and obviously less if the supercharger is being fitted at the same time. This sort of work is not brain surgery and can be done cheaper elsewhere if you can find someone that you are happy with that works at a lower rate than we do.

Bearing in mind that our technical staff are among the best you will find anywhere in this country and that we can take on almost any type of car related work to any level, the fact that our labour rates are cheaper than our local Lexus dealer where the technical staff will be average at best, I think is acceptable if not impressive.

Our technical staff do not get £500 per day as suggested. The charge out rate is there to cover the business costs, pay for new investment and make a profit. Anyone involved in business or is employed should be able to understand this, and I think that the fact that we normally have a 4 to 6 week waiting list is a testament to this.

We will be able to offer a special labour rate only if the conversions are done consecutively, as the economies of scale factor kicks in and makes this commercially viable for us.

Having run this business for 20 years, I am aware that not everyone can afford to or wants to come to us, which is why they are also offered in self fitment form for those that want to fit it themselves or arrange alernative installation.

I think this pretty much covers most points whether you agree with them or not, so perhaps this thread can be left to the people are actually interested in the GB?

Mark :)

We are looking for 10 people but what we may do if we can't get 10 is to keep the rest in stock. We will have to charge more if anyone buys outside of the GB but it's too good an opportunity to miss.

We will have to charge more if anyone buys outside of the GB but it's too good an opportunity to miss.

How much more.............. Don't forget it can be done at LEXUS Stockport for £3525 all in. :shifty:

Mark, slightly OT mate but how about a group buy for those blue hose things? I've got my eye on those babies :P

We will have to charge more if anyone buys outside of the GB but it's too good an opportunity to miss.

How much more.............. Don't forget it can be done at LEXUS Stockport for £3525 all in. :shifty:

We'll think about that if and when the time comes. Obviously we will bear in mind the commercial reality of any competitive deals, so IF it is possible for us to match or beat any other offers - we will.

Mark, slightly OT mate but how about a group buy for those blue hose things? I've got my eye on those babies :P

Good idea Aido.

Anyone interested?

o :tsktsk: ive just had a set off you :huh:

• 2 months later...
so we're looking at £2643 if we want to fit it ourselves?

and it's easy enough to do? i'm not a dab hand with a spanner, but i'm certainly not useless with one either.

Whens the closing date for this GB?

No-one committed themselves so it went belly up

Maybe it could be resurrected if there is any interest?

I'd love to but a lack of money and the fact my insurance company would :tsktsk: themselves !!!!!

Would be good tho :devil:

May just have to call my insurance to find out!

Sounds like we've got a mad rush of supercharger owners coming along - wonder who's next..... Hmmmmmm......

Looks like I'd better buy something new to keep up, I'm a bit skint so I'll have to make do with some go faster air fresheners :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links