Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Group Buy

Steve

TDI would like to offer LOC members a group buy deal for the TTE supercharger system for £2250 plus vat, with an optional special labour price of £500 plus vat if required.

If you have any questions or you are interested then please leave your name here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new labour rate makes me feel a bit sick having paid £900 18 months ago :sick:

I agree with you Dave.

How come TDi can now supply it for £2250 when it was just under £3000 when I got mine last October ?

How about a Group Buy refund ??? :lol:

It is very odd that tdi offer s/c at the same price as me,ive only just joined the club and after finding out about s/c i got one myself cheap, but after some tel calls i find that you can get them much cheaper than tdi offer them for,i even got lexus stockport to fit them much cheaper than tdi,with this as i have said i only want you lot to get a s/c at the right price, i dont mind people making money but i think £4500 is a lot of money for a s/c, so thats why i have done what i have done, even lexus stockport offer £1000 cheaper than tdi ,so yes i think this has something to do with me .

something to do with a group.. things usually are cheaper in a GB :P

twas a group buy last year :whistling:

some how feel competetion is playing a part

how about a group refund

The labour price is interesting. My local dealer fitted mine and sorted the removal of the Precats, using a high quality local engineering firm to weld the tubes back up. Charged £929 all in including VAT, which compared to £900 + VAT and another circa £400 + VAT for the Precat removal at TDi, seemed pretty good to me, particularly as Lexus hourly rates are not cheap. :)

TDI would like to offer LOC members a group buy deal for the TTE supercharger system for £2250 plus vat, with an optional special labour price of £500 plus vat if required.

If you have any questions or you are interested then please leave your name here.

Steve,

I am VERY interested in this, but I have a couple of questions:

1) How does it effect my Lexus warranty? My car is on a W plate, I bought it last Nov and was given a years warranty with it.

2) I have heard others says other parts need to be changed (something about the pre-cat?). Is this true? If so, how much is it to have these done?

3) Where do I sign? LoL :zee:

At that price, be stupid not too be interested.... :whistling:

how can somebody charge 500 or 900 quid for a days labour,i`m putting my rates up,although ***** turpin wore a mask.

sounds reasonable to me - don't see anything wrong with that. :whistling:

youve got too much money then

How long does it take to fit the kit - say 8 hours? That's £62.50 an hour. Lexus are something like £95 an hour for labour, and that could be a young lad who's not got loads of experience with a Lexus - look at what Duncan said the other day about that.

When I was doing work in London my company charged me out at £200 an hour and we got it no questions asked.

I got my charger fitted at a superb price and I'm very happy with it - only thing I don't like about it is that my license is going to be lost very soon the way I'm driving at the moment!!

£500 quid is a lot, but you know you get what you pay for, I remember a few years a go I was charging around £1200 per day for our MCSE CCNA engineers..

Not defending anyone... but business is business and if people are willing to pay the rates that were charged before... why would they be lowered?

If nobody bought any of them before... or fitted them theirselves the labour cost would have been forced down a while back....

End of the day... these S/C kits are superb according to alll who have them... so buy the kits for a good price and either fit them yourselves or get a better quote from elsewhere...

I don`t know..... maybe with a certain number of people buying into this GB..and the amount of monies involved, the cost would be reduced further still?