Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fancy A Is300 Instead Of My Is200se

Petrol......bit more than fargo, (he obviously has a brick on his right foot!!! <g>), seem to max out at about 360-380 to a tank - mainly based on motorway driving, and I do use the cruise control a lot :-)

360 MAAANN i wish..

so tell me richard,, what does your weekly drive consist of on average.. how many miles on motorway,, what speeds etc..

Sir Fargo :-)

Typical drive from home (Gloucester) to the Office in Stevenage....

5 Miles of B road.....(Using E-shift)

9 Miles of Motorway .....M5

50 Miles of A40 ......over to Oxford

then, 55 Miles of M40, and M25.......

Finally A1 for about 24 Miles.......

So a good variation.....speeds, well Mway, average 80, A40 Average 60......B Road, average 50.....

Most of my routes are similar roads to this......

Given that route is a return of 286, and that is inbetween, half and 3 quarters on the fuel guage.

Rich

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ! :ohmy:

What about the Anti Glare Interior and exterior mirrors?? :hehe:

They are just the bizz B)

Its an awsome car, so more refined and relaxed, almost feels like a different model from the Lexus range to drive.

I had my IS200 Sport for 34k miles and i notice that the IS300 is a little less chuckable than the sport, but im not complaining cos i felt the sport was a little to harsh on the bumps, and the IS300 is a hell of a lot quieter inside especially on the motorway and i really like the fact that my rev counter isnt busting a gut at just 65mph anymore and nicely sits on 1500 rpm at higher speeds.

And the fact that there arent many about :whistling::whistling:

I couldn't do that - how bad is that?! Wouldn't you ECU still be relearning when you're driving slowly so you still wouldn't get the best out of a tank?

Sounds like you IS300 boys are doing much better for petrol than I am :crying:

Its funny how an IS300 feels alot quicker when its only a 1 sec quicker from 0-60mph compare to the IS200.

Is it because the IS300 is easier to accelerate compare to the IS200, where you have to drive it hard and use the gears to get 9.5sec from 0-60mph?

Better low down Torque?

Im gonna test drive a IS300 tommorow while I get my car fixed.

not sure if it the torque or HP, but I had my IS300 in the wokrshop today to have wheel fixed and got a loner IS200... Loved the IS200 when I owned one, but I jumped in one today after a month in the IS300 and I couldn't belive the difference!! It felt like it had no power at all... speaking to the dealer toight he sadi he felt it was easy to get a new guy into a IS200, and a IS200 guy into a 300.. but would hate to try and do the reverse..

For me it always feels much quicker in the 30 - 70 band and anything above 70 :whistling:. Not sure what the timings are thru the gears or how they compare with an IS200. Perhaps someone has a link or the info to hand ?

It also feels quicker than 8.2s to 62 whereas the IS200 always felt slower. Probably psychological.

well JonTheBarber...i've read all the posts & i'm dying to know if your head or your heart has ruled on your decision?!?!

I had a 2000 IS200SE & upgraded to IS300 last June - i absolutely loved the 200 but just wanted a bit more oooomppphhhhh! and boy, does it come in bundles with the 300!!

i may only be a mear 'girlie' but it sure as hell puts an enormous grin on my face ALL the time - i really would be in a quandry if i had to choose between my precious wheels & a night of passion with brad pitt/david beckham/george clooney sort of man!!!

vroooom, i'd be gone - but, then again... if it was ALL 3 of them...hmmmm??!!

Its funny how an IS300 feels alot quicker when its only a 1 sec quicker from 0-60mph compare to the IS200.

I believe it is quicker than the 8.2 it is meant to do. The GS300 has the same time but carries an extra 160kg. The US specs seem to confirm this, the IS300 e-shift does 0-60 in 7.3 and the GS300 in 7.8 so the IS is 0.5s quicker.

However like for like the IS300 is 3 seconds quicker than the IS200 auto.

The US specs seem to confirm this, the IS300 e-shift  does 0-60 in 7.3 and the GS300 in 7.8 so the IS is 0.5s quicker.

It's always felt quicker than 8.2s :) :)

Has anyone raced an IS300 and an IS200 with S/C then as from the sounds of it they're about the same judging by these comments? I thought the SC was supposed to be quicker than the standard IS300?

My car was in today (Notts have once again done a great job, thanks David!) and I got a standard IS200 loan car. Couldn't believe how sloppy the gear box is compared to the short shifter - and it didn't feel that much slower at first when travelling in a 40 zone (I didn't actually go above 4k rpm though as it was new) but everything else (especially when in 6th etc) is loads better in the SC'd car.... Definitely couldn't go back now.... Got back in my car and I'd say in roughly the time it takes the standard one to get to 80ish the SC'd one would be over a tonne and starting to fly.....

I would have thought the IS200 SC would be slightly faster. About the same power but the 300 carries more weight and has a less efficient drivetrain.

Still put a turbo or SC on a 300 and then see who wins ;)

I'd want to go the whole hog and get it done up to chuff like some of the car's on IS300.net - wouldn't slap a bodykit on it and would just laugh as I raced away from M3's etc :)

Think I might have upset an Audi driver last night who tried to lose me in his A4 3.0 - don't think he realised I wasn't standard - surprised as the Hiper was warm at the time - and he didn't seem very happy when I drove by and waved :winky:

Same as everyone else here is saying - swapped my IS200 SE Auto for an IS300 a year ago, never looked back since. Faster, quieter, more refined and more goodies!

The car is very stable at speed, feels really 'planted'. Getting around 340-350 miles to a tank. Did some very unscientific 0-60 tests last year that back up what Colin was saying, 60mph comes up in around 7.5s

So, have you ordered one yet?? :D

Must confess tho... the 300 was relegated to my garage for six months when I got the Soarer TT - quiet, refined and absurdly quick for under £5K! :winky:

I believe it is quicker than the 8.2 it is meant to do. The GS300 has the same time but carries an extra 160kg. The US specs seem to confirm this, the IS300 e-shift does 0-60 in 7.3 and the GS300 in 7.8 so the IS is 0.5s quicker.

However like for like the IS300 is 3 seconds quicker than the IS200 auto.

Looking at both Lexus Websites US and UK

The US spec has more power and torque than the UK

US 215 hp @ 5,800 rpm,

218 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm

UK 211 bhp (157 kW) @ 5800 rpm

212 lb/ft (288 Nm) @ 3800 rpm

Anyways 4 hp difference is nothing really

Good man - go for the satnav! Think I've actually used my satnav 'properly' twice this year - as opposed to just using it to watch the world go by (it's a bloke thing!) :whistling: :winky:

SatNav - def go for it - i'd be lost, literally, without mine!!! (must remember to take more pills, jokes failing miserably)

possibly a 'bird' thing, but i use it ALL the time - she does get confused at roundabouts every now n again (she goes into 'male' mode & doesn't know her left from right!) so u have 2 have your wits about u - otherwise, excellent & well worth it.

screen goes up ! screen goes down ! screen goes up ! screen goes down ! ........ love it ! worth the extra just for that ! and once the screen lights up ..................... well what can i say ! fanny-tastic .