Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Numberplates

aido

Ok, I'm just looking at getting some plates made up but like the look of the nonstandard fonts - have many of you got these and do you get any trouble from the police etc??

And what is better (although it's slightly dodgy spacing) - L3X SC or L3XSC? I prefer the first one but the second could be made into a smaller plate.

I'm looking at Fancyplates and it's gonna be font 1, 4 or 9.

TIA

You can just make out my plate from this picture. Sorry I don't have a better one to show you.

I've kept the legal spacing L3 XEY. I think it looks ok and I've also had it cut down to fit in the smaller gap behind the black number plater holder. B)

Ok, I'm just looking at getting some plates made up but like the look of the nonstandard fonts - have many of you got these and do you get any trouble from the police etc??

I've had one on since january. Never had a problem, then again the feds are pretty relaxed up here when it comes to stuff like that. It depends how tough they are in your area.

Ive had my plates from fancy plates for a few months now, i have font 2 very similar to standard but slightly smaller , not had any probs with the boys in blue.

have just ordered another set for my new L3X plate

john

What size is your front one ifraz thats nice!

Sorry, I don't know the exact size.

If you take off your current front number plate and unscrew the black number plate holder, you will see a gap for a jap style plate. My plate fits perfectly within that.

I'll measure up and get back to you.

Here's a better photo of mine - see here :)

Excellent tip mate, know what I'll be doing in the morning!!

And John, what plate did you get - don't remember seeing that you'd got one so spill the beans!

Will order the plates tomorrow when I've got the sizes sorted.....

BTW Ifraz, is the front plate just stuck on??

..:: Edit ::..

Actually John I've just seen what it is - they'll twig on soon. Never realised it but there are a couple of IS's round here with the L200 plates but they're not club members unless there are more Ripley members here??

I only got my L3X plate yesterday (saturday)

Got 2 sets from fancyplates - my original no. and now L3X

I had the rear one made up in the bigger Lexus size

Ive seena few L200 plates too , they dont seem to be members

stuck a flyer on one of them

I only got my L3X plate yesterday (saturday)

Got 2 sets from fancyplates - my original no. and now L3X

I had the rear one made up in the bigger Lexus size

Ive seena few L200 plates too , they dont seem to be members

stuck a flyer on one of them

Oi I have a L200, and my uncles got L300 ;) Theres a L400 that I see quite a bit, seen a few S200s and a T200, doubt it was a turbo tho.

Aid and johnboy you sure u aint sticking them on Mitsi pickups? :lol:

LOL @ Raz - good point mate!!

Fargo, still haven't made my mind up on this one so I'm off for a little dabble to go and think about it some more :driving:

i have a carbon number plate trim at the rear with a number plate size 360mm x 170mm

Ahh thats the size I'm after!!

Just need to find the size for the some front ones now, is it 390mm x 84mm?? :unsure:

Maz is your 360x170mm a special one you had made up from fancy plates? or is it on the list (rover 75 shape?)

my is special one, order it as normal but change the size to 360x170mm....yes i got my from fancy plate too...... :) :) :) :) :)

OK, I'm confused again!!!

I've taken the front apart today and there are some holes in the bumper which you don't seem to have Ifraz:

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...IMG_1792?full=1

Did you have them and get them filled in (if so how much) and if not anyone know how much it is likely for this to cost from a body shop? I'll give some a bell tomorrow.

The front size I think should be alright in the holes is 335mm x 110mm - same height as the existing plate but not as wide. In fact I might make it a little smaller than 110mm so that you can see more of the intercooler as I like the look of that :)

My rear at the moment is 510mm x 150mm - this is the big plate that pretty much fills all the gap.

Thanks in advance for any pointers guys.

OK, I'm confused again!!!

I've taken the front apart today and there are some holes in the bumper which you don't seem to have Ifraz:

aaaaaaahhhh....I was waiting for you to come back with the question about the holes.

I had mine filled and the whole bumper resprayed (fix them dam stone chips :angry: )

Can't remember the cost, I think it was around £150. :huh:

Was that at the dealers or somewhere local mate? Might give them a bell - I've ordered the little plate now for the front so will have to go the whole hog!!!

Was that at the dealers or somewhere local mate? Might give them a bell - I've ordered the little plate now for the front so will have to go the whole hog!!!

Lexus Nottingham said that they couldn't do it as they did not have the expertise to fill these holes.....WHAT??? :o

Anyway, I used the Chipsaway bloke in Leicester. Very nice job.... :)

Cheers fella, will have a look into it tomorrow - never even realised there was that little gap there in the bumper for the plate til you said - sweet :)