Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Warranty Query

Hello,

Looking to buy an IS200. The car is an X plate registered on 11/2000. The 3 year manufacturer's warranty has obviously ran out and did not get renewed. The car has a full Lexus service history. Is it possible to purchase a Lexus warranty for this car?

Many Thanks.

doubt it...... once the warrenty has expired, that's it.... although you may be able to get an aftermarket warrenty that some 2nd hand car dealers offer - not sure how good they are though....

Yes you can. Based on the mileage and if you have a full Lexus service history, it's not a problem.

Read

Every car in the Lexus range is so comprehensively equipped that the 'on the road' price includes not only all those items generally offered as extras, but also many advanced features exclusive to Lexus.

Details of the extensive technical specifications and interior appointments of each model are fully described in the main brochures. Whichever model you choose, you can look forward to a standard of after-sales service that's second to none, provided by a network of Lexus Centres individually selected for their exemplary record in customer care.

For your peace of mind, every Lexus is covered for up to three years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) against any mechanical or paintwork failure attributable to manufacturing or assembly defects.

Both of these are free of charge. Full details are given in the Warranty booklet supplied with each new vehicle. If you wish, you can also have the additional protection of a Lexus Extended Warranty annually until your Lexus is seven years old, and has reached 140,000 miles.

New vehicle warranty up to 60,000 miles in 3 years: Free

12 month unlimited* mileage extended warranty: £530.00

* vehicles must be less than seven years old (six years for a 24 month warranty) and have covered less than 140,000 miles to qualify for the extended cover. An extended warranty taken out during the three years' manufacturer warranty provides unlimited mileage cover for the three years as well as the additional 12 or 24 month extension.

New vehicle warranty up to 60,000 miles in 3 years: Free

12 month unlimited* mileage extended warranty: £530.00

£530 a year! Sod that, thats a service! :ph34r:

I was thinking of doing this when mine ran out in November, think I will just put that £530 towards my s/c, that'll be the fitment cost! :zee: