Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eibach Springs Rear Fitting Issue

nigel f

Hello

I have a GS300 Sport 1996 Model,

one of the rear Springs was broken, so I ordered a set of Eibach springs,

I fitted the Front ones ok, but the Rears the springs seem to be as if they have been made "upside down", as there is a Flat coil on tje smaller one of the spring and there is a normal wind end on the wider part of the spring, (the top)

As the (or mine) GS300 rear dampers seem to be narrow seat at the bottom and wide seat at the top, the springs dont go on corectley, the lower seat has a steped part to accecept the coil part of the spring, and the top rubber is made for a flat seat,

The writing on the Eibach springs is upside down, indicating that they are installed upside down. the are HA which is corect for the Rear and the Spring kit was for cars made up to 1997, so they are corect.

Photos to help you see what I meen

Lexus-Rear_small.jpg

Lexus-Rear-top-mount_small.jpg

As you can see they dont seat corectley,

Does any one else have a similar problem, or are the rear dampers on my car different, does any one on hear have the Eibach's fitted too ?

Regadrs

Nigel

Craig,

I think that I may be getting closer to the Real reason,

Eibach are sending me some different Springs, as these may be for the MK2, I am not sure what the seats are like on the MK2,

You are corect my car is a MK1 Sport.

Nigel

I will post when I know some more

thanks

As long as it is for the GS300 (regardless SE or Sport), the springs should be the same.

The only suspension difference between the Sport and the SE are the springs (Sport has shorter springs) and probably different tuned shocks (probably sport shocks).