Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Auto Design

Fargo

Well guys, i thought i would keep you all informed about the on going saga that is LED Auto Design's Blue LED Cluster kit for the Lexus..

His Blurb on eBay includes this statment

"These LED bulbs are not to be confused with other similar coloured LED products which are are basic universal blue leds without the correct luminescence and viewing angle which cost much less. Theses have been specially chosen and developed for this purpose (projecting light on to fixed objects -the back of your speedometer! And are of a special ( ultra bright )type suited to the use in speedometers these were the original and the best from a large reputable europe optronics supplier and developed in the uk!"

what a load of tosh.. The problem with using off the shelf wedge type leds like the one you have suggested is that although they may be bright they do not i'lluminate the whole cluster properly.. Reason being is that the 3 gauges within the cluster (rpm, fuel and speedo) have light pick up points on the back that 'pick up' the light scattered and then route this along the entire length of the guage, much like the fibre optic affect,, you shine light in one end and it come out the other end only (certainly this is how the cluster needles i'lluminate).. or another example (and probally more applicable to the i'lluminationof the actual lettering) would be like having a sheet of perspex and shining an LED on one edge, you will then see the same intensity of light on all the other edges, and also long the surface (although not as innstense)

Another point to think about is that the filiment bulbs scatter light prety much 360 degrees, which measn the light pick up points have no problems sucking up the light and dispersing evenly.

Leds however,by there very nature, have a very narrow viewing angle,, ie standard LED as used in your suggestion will have either a 15degree or 30 degree viewing angle.. now it doesnt take much working out that this is nowhere near liek 360..

Now the stock oem bulbs by there very nature spread light 360 degrees,

Therefore you need an LED that has a viewing angle as close to a filimant bulb

See here for my original review thread

Here are is the original picture that was used to sell the kit on eBay,, this picture was taken from a guy called Marc who guys by the name of WXMAN over on the IS300.NET boards, wxman has since removed his pictures from his yahoo gallery since. but you cna see one of his comments here

Now here is LED auot designs new picture on eBay here and here, you cuan see that the ignition barrell is somewhat blurry due to OVER EXPOSURE in order to get a decent photographic picture..

Here is the sad truth of the matter, picture taken on a normal automatic exposure with no flash.

And again but with the stereo i did for comparison..

now Have a read Here to get upto speed.

Anyway now i get an email form ebays aquare trade saying that LED auto design has left ME negative feedback

His feedback for me

**ABSOLUTE *BEEP* THE WORST EBAYER IVE EVER TRADED WITH, YOUVE BEEN WARNED !!**

so my reply

Further Details About the Problem:

Here are the facts as i see them.. I purchased sellers kit for the Lexus based on the picture posted on eBay. i received the items and fitted as per the supplied instructions, i later learned they were incomplete. The kit was not as described and looked nothing like the picture advertised. even after following additional instruction from seller. I left factual feedback against the item i had purchased.. Seller would only give refund if i removed feedback..blackmail to me. Seller then filled case 010945163 in which he proposed two solutions, 1) refund if i remove feedback & 2) seller will accept independant inspection of the kit.. When i accepted the 2nd solution, suddenly the case was closed and i heard nothing since. I also have an email from the seller admitting to the failers of the kit and to all the points i raised as to why the kit did not work. Therfore i suggest that this feedback left for me is sour grapes.. need i quote the Trade Descriptions Act...

Response:

This buyer caused alot of alarm for ive since sold many sets of this product and recieved excellent feedbacks. It was only this individual and other members of the web forum he uses who created and mitigated slanderous comments about me and my business with regards to this particular product, this appears to mainly due to him planning on selling his own version of this kit sonn. Whist also destroying cosumer confidence in the product i sell, this caused much un needed distress. Therefore my negative commments was also left on his account becuse of the trouble the user fargo_fargo caused. Therefore i reserve my right to implicate negative feedback on his account. This user in the previous square trade case broght by me had no intentions of even returning th product for a refund and removing his coments left, at that point i left no feedback as to give him the chance to be fair and remove the damage he had left for me. I have no further comments, and wish not to deal with this particular ebayer again.

I am willing to discuss the withdrawal of feedback I left for the other party.

my reply

To Clarify,, i am talking about the LEXUS KIT ONLY, not any of the other products that the seller has..but in saying that there are at least 10 instances of feedback withdrawal so i suspect that other buyers have also been less than satisified with there kits..

The other 2 members of the web forum who also purchsed this kit, were also unsatisfied with the kit..

All my posted remarks are factual, even the seller admits so in an email btween himself and another member of the web forum..if the seller wishes i can provide him with this email to aid his memory..

Yes i am planning my own kit that will INCLUDE a kit for the speedo area as provided by the seller.. and if the sleer wishes he can see on the web forum that another COMMERCIAL company is sending me a kit for evaluation..

Therefore i say that i am not trying to 'place the seller out of the market' by negative comments.. of course i am looking at ALL kits available trying to find the best and cheapest solution..AND THE SELLERS KIT IS CURRENTLY THE CHEAPEST THEREFORE IT MAKES SENSE FOR ME TO HAVE AND SELL HIS KIT WITH MINE.....

The reason i have NOW kept his kit is to show and prove to anyone that has any doubts exactly what the problems are..

I ASK AGAIN,, why has the seller refused accept his OWN PROPOSED solution of an independant inspection... if he accepts and all my comments are proved wrong i will formally apologies on ANY web forum that i have posted on, i will remove my eBay feedback.. i will even endorse the lexus kit to ANYONE the seller wants me to..

SO to recap:-

The lexus kit is not as described in ANY of the sellers eBay pictures, to which buyers see and will decide to purchase the kit based upon these pictures..

I have proof of all the negative issues i have raised on web forums..

Response

AND to add further, the original picture that was presented on eBay from this seller, was in fact a picture of someone elses kit that i had spoken with before even finding this seller..

So again i re-iterate that the lexus kit advertised on eBay by this seller was MIS-REPRESENTED to appear better that it actually is..

Also Re the slanderous comments im am alleged to have said.. i ask the seller to back this up with facts..

glad i saved ya hertsaltezza.

buy alll means get his kit and see for your self,, he will give you a refund no problem, as he did i understand with the other member i mentioned..you could even mail him and say that if its no good then you will want a refund... would be good to see what he says lol..

i live over uxb/hayes way.. but work in wycombe..if you about drop me a pm and we can hook up..

UPDATE.....

Had an email form Andi at LED auto design... man this is sooooo funny...

"-----Original Message-----

Sent: 28 May 2004 18:43

To: (not telling ya)

Subject: loser

loser"

UPDATE.....

Had an email form Andi at led auto design...  man this is sooooo funny...

"-----Original Message-----

Sent: 28 May 2004 18:43

To: andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

Subject: loser

loser"

do hope the trolls pick up on that email address there

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

:whistling:

Edited by Supracharged-IS340

Yes fella, but just think of all the robot's that will pick up his email with it being there so they can send him those emails about enlarging his knob etc :P (I'd take yours out of the post otherwise the spambots will get it!)

ive edited it for you paul

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

best way to do that Mat is to use the email button [@]

like this andi@renusz.fsnet.co.uk

these tags will wrap the address in HTML mailto tags when the page is rendered.

pure bot food :shifty: