Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seeing The Rx400h Courtesy Of Lexus Edinburgh

HUGE thanks to Ian and Simon for taking a few of us from Edinburgh Lexus to the Motor show yesterday in Birmingham.

We met at the dealership at 6:45 then off in convoy to Edin Airport for the flight down to Birmingham. Breccy provided (first freeby!) and after a double espresso turned from :sleeping: to :D

Next stop NEC and straight to the Lexus stand. More morning coffee upstairs in the VIP area (think that was for very impulsive purchaser :winky: ) then the official tour of the RX400h.

Guess the only visible things to look at were the cosmetic changes.....

New nose, which is a requirement due to the increased cooling requirements of the hybrid power train.............

PICT0003_Large.sized.jpg

PICT0004_Large.sized.jpg

New wheels - pre production, yet to be confirmed.........

PICT0005_Large.sized.jpg

New badge - well obviously!............

PICT0077_Large.sized.jpg

Back side...........

PICT0076_Large.sized.jpg

Subtle changes inside are more buttons on the steering wheel to activate the Bluetooth integrated phone kit and no Wood, replaced with aluminium. Mixed reactions about the lack of wood. My wife being the most gutted (she loves her wood steering wheel) to reactions of 'mmm the aluminium is fine for me' make your own mind up on this one.

Oh and a concept car, pics say it all, quite nice I thought, i'll let you decide.

PICT0002_Large.sized.jpg

In summary a great day out, good company, well looked after by Lexus Edinburgh and plenty of time to come to the conclusion that the XC90, Disco, Shogun, etc etc etc don't have a look in.

The RX is still the best looking/performing/costing SUV out bar none.

Lexus Edinburgh taking the lead again in first class customer service - well done gents and many thanks again!

I'd just like to echo John's comments and add my thanks to Ian and Simon in public. A great day out although getting out of bed on Friday morning to drag myself into work wasn't much fun after a loooooong day :blink:

The 400 looks great....not too different style-wise which I think is good as it shouldn't effect residuals hopefully (eh Simon? :D ). I agree with you John that the 300 is still the best value and nicest of the SUV's on show and yes, I did poke around in the competition!

Audi's stand was appaling as a TT driver for our second fun car I was hugely disappointed and it simply showed up the gulf between the customer care of Lexus and Audi IMHO.

nice to meet you and Ruth at last John and good pics!

Angus

hmmm, now John, could you please comment on the size of the concept car..

cos I'm willing to bet the new IS will have shades of that styling in it.. and wouldnt be surprised if the concept was IS-size...

It sounds like you were well looked after by Ian Renoylds, and its nice to hear the dealership takes care of its customers!

Audi's stand was appaling as a TT driver for our second fun car I was hugely disappointed and it simply showed up the gulf between the customer care of Lexus and Audi IMHO.

nice to meet you and Ruth at last John and good pics!

Great to meet you to Angus! Hope we can meet up again either for beers or at the TT re-map meet.

Have put the Audi stand to the back of my mind! After writing this of course..... http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/viewtopic.php?t=26506

hmmm, now John, could you please comment on the size of the concept car..

cos I'm willing to bet the new IS will have shades of that styling in it.. and wouldnt be surprised if the concept was IS-size...

It sounds like you were well looked after by Ian Renoylds, and its nice to hear the dealership takes care of its customers!

Ian, the concept car is GS sized because it is built using a GS chassis, engine and gearbox.

i went to the motor show yesterday, it was my first one. i enjoyed myself. i was hoping(wishing) to see a concept of the GS but nothing available. but i was more than happy to see the LF-X. to me there was nothing else to see after that. not even the merc SLR.

i have got more pictures to

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album04/100_0043

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album04/100_0045

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album04/100_0046

:o As the owner of Bristol's only vegetarian cafe/takeaway....I guess I'll have to start saving for one of these environmentally positive machines!

If I can get one to run on bio-fuel now.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links