Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Safety Inspection By Lexus

On my way home to London from the Birmingham motor show, travel at 70mph loud wind noises appeared, and got worse, so I pulled over on the hard shoulder to have a look. Looked underneath and found something is hanging off and had come loose, it looks like the under body panels, could not put it back in place as the bolts have fallen off.

Now I’m in trouble so I was stuck travelling at 115miles at 50-60mph on the M42 and M40. Did not want to go any faster otherwise I could create serious damage to the car if the panels hit the ground (it probably could rip the entire exhaust).

Looking back 2 months ago, I had a metallic noise coming from the right side of the wheel; the noise disappears when I apply the brakes. The noise was only heard between 5 – 10mph driving along side walls or parked cars as the noise was more prominent.

Sent the car to the Lexus Dealer and left it with them to get it check out.

Six hours later was called to pickup the car. Spoke to the service advisor as she seemed very unhelpful she said they did not find nothing wrong with the car so I said to her “as I said before the noise was heard only 5 to 10 mph in quiet areas”. Guess what the mechanic did? Drove it high speed on the motorway for half an hour and one and a half hour in noisy traffic. I said forget it I find somebody else to check it out. Now the Service advisor has charged me £55 for the inspection and SAFTY CHECKS and NOTHING WAS FIXED inc the door in the boot to put your ski keeps opening and closing (this was not mentioned to her) SAFTY CHECKS B*^%!

This has not been inspected by the Mechanic and this is a Safety issue, imagine breaking at high speed being involed in an accident objects could be thrown into the passenger compartment and injure a passenger. Because the door cannot be kept closed.

With all these SAFTY CHECKS RUBBISH for £55 look at the the problems I’ve had, and this is a very Serious safety issue. I will go back to the Lexus Dealer, and they are gonna be in Serious trouble!

Mu underbody panel at the front got cracked at the end of last year, cost about £150 all in for a new one - sorted the noise out - much quieter now when I'm 70 or a little bit above.

Mu underbody panel at the front got cracked at the end of last year, cost about £150 all in for a new one - sorted the noise out - much quieter now when I'm 70 or a little bit above.

Is the underbody panals covered under warrenty?

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links