Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Judder Or Paranoia

Big Chris

Hi all,

Recently bought an ‘02 IS200 SE.

I’ve read loads of comments on the site regarding clutch judder along with comments regarding the low torque developed at low revs by the Lexus 6 cyl engine.

I find it difficult to pull off smoothly; the initial clutch bite is fine, as I continue releasing the clutch the car sort of springs and jumps rather than glides. The clutch doesn’t really judder, as it’s a single jump. It's not massively fierce but my last car was a Passat and you could bang the clutch out and the car would just move off smoothly, drove the girlfriends Focus today and that clutch was also smooth. To get away smoothly in my Lexus I have to rev it to 2k+ with loads of clutch slip, which I’m not keen to do.

Does this sound like the usual Lexus clutch / warranty issue, or am I just being a Jessie? :question:

My Clutch judders a bit also, especially after a bit of a thrape.

Can anyone suggest a good uprated clutch?

I read loads of comments about clutch judder, is it just a bit of a design fault, or is the clutch just about had it when you start with juddering. I would hate to buy an uprated clutch only to find a good one still in there which just needed roughing up or something!

It appears to be inherent in the dual mass flywheel system they use. The dealers generally say 'use more revs'....

Any aftermarket clutch would return to a 'normal' flywheel and pressure plate I assume.

The Altezzas are just as bad, if that makes you feel any better...:P

keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links