Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Allignment

yes, the dial on the dash changes the brightness of the speedo cluster...

Of course, it only works if its dark and you have the lights on..

errr, arent they talking about the headlight level adjuster? The one with the numbers on it for when you have a load of passengers and luggage etc?

just a question, does the dial on the dash actually do anything, i was playin around with it and didnt notice any differnce

Yes you should see a difference. Beams should move down as the number on the dial increases.

• 5 months later...
back of light unit

nut on a casternated washer thingy

turn it to suit

pic of nut 10mm

Hi,

I checked this post before I went to adjust the headlights, and obviously the headlight in the pic does not have the height adjustment motor on the adjustment wheel (Beneath the "R" in the pic). Base spec Altezza? On my IS there's a motor unit attached, but the adjustment cog is there in a similar way.

The easiest to adjust is with a screwdriver from the side, from there you can leverage one tooth on the cog at a time. It is slow going, you need to go about 40 teeth to adjust the beam 10cm at 10m distance (rough estimate).

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

back of light unit

nut on a casternated washer thingy

turn it to suit

pic of nut 10mm

Hi,

I checked this post before I went to adjust the headlights, and obviously the headlight in the pic does not have the height adjustment motor on the adjustment wheel (Beneath the "R" in the pic). Base spec Altezza? On my IS there's a motor unit attached, but the adjustment cog is there in a similar way.

The easiest to adjust is with a screwdriver from the side, from there you can leverage one tooth on the cog at a time. It is slow going, you need to go about 40 teeth to adjust the beam 10cm at 10m distance (rough estimate).

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

no electronic adjustment as they are JDM spec lights :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links