Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Insurance

Nikki

Hi everyone,

Very new to this forum. Just wondering if anyone can advise me where is the best place to look for quotes for a Altezza IS200?

Just bought it and picking it up on Wednesday but current insurers do not list the Altezza. Can I insure as the IS200 or not?

Thanks

Nikki

Guest mark_tsang

Nikki,

if is a RS200 i dont think you can insure it as IS200 anymore as the IS300 went on sale & rating gone up to group 15. not sure about the AS200.

im with Tesco, is a good price but there & some other insurance company got stricter on imports for people under 25 i.e. they dont insure them(unless just is high risk cars like subaru, lancers etc). as im 22 soon so not sure if there gonna insure me nxt time its up.so depends how old u are.

CIS insurance meant to be good place to try & they insure imports & good place for young people.

Guest mark_tsang
No you cannot insure an Altezza, AS or RS, as an IS200.

the days when the altezza was my dads, it was insured same as the IS200 sport, the IS300 wernt on sale back then. AS200 may be bit quicker not that is noticeable still dont understand why it would cost more to insure. just these insurance company are ripping people off, grey import is an excuse to increase the costs.

Thanks for all your replies. Will do some ringing around today.

I'm 31 - bit of an old bird so should be ok.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

This is the car I've bought. Apparently the bloke is gutted cos he never put a reserve on it and thought it would go for £8,500 but that's the luck of the draw. Been to see it Saturday and it's great. Needs a really good valet but other than that no probs. Got some service history - needs a service straightaway but I can live with that for the price I paid. Gonna give it to the a bloke we know that works for Toyota and he'll get me it serviced for trade prices.

Anything in particular I should look out for on these?

PS - Do you think I've paid a decent price for it?

Yes... it is an RS200... i contacted the bloke about this car... and he was only selling it due to him either getting banned or too many points ( Can`t remember which?)

You got a very good deal Nikki.... Engine bay looks like it nees a good clean, which would make me wonder if it has been serviced regularly...

Check the service history as to when it was last serviced, also might be an idea to get a mileage check/ Authenticty done on it via the BIMTA website Url Below)

BIMTA

Once these are done and are fine (Fingers crossed... sure it will be ok) its happy motoring .... oh yes...BUY A SNOOPER!!!! :lol:

yep.

RS200. Shorter engine when looking at it (4 cylinders), and you see the black cap end for the cambelt at the front of the engine.

The AS200, (mine) has a big air intake cover over the top of the engine as same as the UK IS200.

If you want to learn more about your car and its power spec, go here

http://www.toyota-altezza.co.uk/

or there is sommat in "knowledge" area in this website.

I was watching that car too out of interest. I got my AS200 for £6995 off eBay, but it has less power than your beast and no triptronic.

B)

Very cool........ I was keeping my eye out for that too. I recommended a guy here to take a look at it as it has a very nice bodykit and the colour is rare. (It gives it real JDM look)

In fact I asked him if he would sell the little ALTEZZA badge to me, as mine came without :( So if you wanted to debadge it in any way drop me a pm :winky:

Yeah I would fork out on a BIMTA cert. just for resale purposes (IF you should ever sell it!) and peace of mind.

In terms of insurance, I pay about £700 for my Altezza with Adrian Flux. I'm 26 with full no claims and everything declared. It does require a CAT1 alarm - which I think is a good idea anyway.

Get some pics up!

Got covered with Osbourne & Sons as recommended by Scott. £958 fully comp - but I have got an accident against me in November 2002 so only to be expected.

Picked the car up tonight - really does need a good clean - stinks like they've had dead dogs in there!!! But as I work for a Car Accessory and Valeting company - perks of the job!

Anyway, thanks for all your help and comments.

Nikki