Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why As The Import Cars Got More Power

stapes

What Dobedo was meaning to say was...

The IS200 in Japan is known as the Toyota Altezza, and comes in two flavors, the AS200, which has the same 154bhp straight-6 as the UK IS200, and the RS200, which has a 2.0 4 cylinder 'red-top' engine, which as you point out, has 210bhp...

Now obviously, being 2 completley different engines means they are 2 very different beasts. The RS200 revs higher, and is more sporty, whereas the AS200 is much smoother and more comfortable...

The options available to you are either, supercharge your IS, which will give around 200+ bhp, or trade it for an altezza RS200... both have their plus points, and im sure the respective owners will be along soon to offer their opinions..

The IS200 in Japan is known as the Toyota Altezza, and comes in two flavors, the AS200, which has the same 154bhp straight-6

no i wasnt :winky:

no i wasnt :winky:

I'm sure you were, I just put it more eloquently... B) :P

im sure you just edited your post after i made mine !!

how elequant is that ????

any way back on topic

you cant de-restrict the IS200 because it isnt restricted

but as fidgy says, an option is to add the TTE supercharger which will increase BHP and torque

or even add a turbo !!

there are different models of altezzas, all varying in engine types and power

but also noticably varying in equipment levels, normally lower than a uk spec IS200

:)

Or if you got an Altezza RS for a similar price as an is200 you could supercharge that and get around 265BHP!!!

Most of the things you get with as standard with the is200 are options in Japan, so MOST of the time you won`t get Leather etc with the Altezza or Head light washers? :duh: BUT NOT ALWAYS... some altezzas have the leather, elec seats etc.. all depends on what the buyer from NEW decided upon.

But if you prefer power the Altezza is the best buy, Not just because of the standrd power... but for the amount of tuning options available.

But still... alot of folk are very sceptical against imports and for no reason!

If they are bought through the proper channels and all checks are done before purchasing you get a very nice car, with VERY good performance figures and no comebacks at all...

Hope we have all helped you out a little mate